India Health Action Trust - Deputy Director - Family Planning Strategy (12-17 yrs)
India Health Action Trust (IHAT) aims at improving public health initiatives by supporting programs nationally and globally through providing comprehensive technical assistance in program planning, management and monitoring. Pursuant to the Memorandum of Cooperation between the GoUP and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, IHAT set up a Technical Support Unit (TSU) in 2013 to provide techno-managerial support to the Government of Uttar Pradesh (GoUP) to improve utilization, coverage and quality of key reproductive, maternal, new-born, child health and nutrition (RMNCHN) interventions and services in the state. The TSU has been set up from the funding support of Bill & Melinda Gate Foundation (BMGF) through University of Manitoba (UOM), Canada.
UPTSU provides integrated Technical Assistance (TA) to the government of Uttar Pradesh (GoUP), which focuses on accelerating progress in reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health, and nutrition (RMNCHN). UPTSU works closely with the GoUP at the state, district and local levels to optimize RMNCHN programs and services. The technical assistance provided by UPTSU is integrated within the GoUP's health system response for scale-up and sustainability. UPTSU focuses on interventions to improve outcomes in Family Planning, Maternal and Newborn Health, and Nutrition, along with Routine Immunization, Digital Health, and other initiatives.
Reporting to:Project Director - Family Planning (PD-FP)
Travel Requirements: As per the program requirement.
The Deputy Director - Family Planning Strategy will support the work in developing strategies for family planning work in state government to help improve implementation of Family Planning interventions across 75 districts. He/she will be responsible for supporting designing and implementing family planning interventions & pilots in the state. He/she will provide guidance to program team and work closely with other Deputy Directors to have a seamless flow of information and co-ordination to move things in an integrated manner. The position requires up to 40% travel to UP districts & other states
Key Deliverables expected from the Job Role:
- Government liasoning and advocacy of agreed upon FP strategy
- Clearly understanding GoI priorities and building them in the TSU'/UP's FP strategy
- Ensuring buy in of strategy at TSU wide level as well as with donors
- Create and implement partnership and engagement strategy with focus on collaboration with Private Sector for achieving the objectives of the FP grant.
- Identify opportunities to provide technical assistance for improving comprehensive abortion care services in the state. Assess various program benefits and risks associated and develop mitigation strategies to overcome any such risks.
- Plan and organize a broad range of advocacy efforts, such as stakeholders meeting and dissemination opportunities.
- Leverage experience & knowledge to develop innovative models/pilots/ implementation research to increase awareness of FP practices & increase uptake of modern contraception.
- Develop monitoring and results frameworks and key performance indicators related to the new interventions.
- Perform other duties identified from time to time by FP Project Director.
Key Inputs expected from the Job Role:
- Contribute significantly in curating strategy and concept notes and research papers.
- Understanding best practices from India and abroad and bringing them into the UP context.
- Coordinate with the Deputy Directors/Team Leads from other interventions to identify synergies between other projects in TSU.
- Foster relationships with BMGF partner organizations for advocacy efforts.
- Any other work given by the line manager or organization from time to time
- Additional tasks as may be added to the Job Description from time to time for the job role
- Minimum 12 -15 year of experience in planning & implementing health initiatives at national/state level
- At least 5 years of experience in managing and leading teams
- Strong familiarity and experience of working in RMNCHN programme in UP will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years of experience in family planning and reproductive health will be preferable
- Post Graduate in Social Sciences / Public Health or MBA from a top tier institute
- PhD in Social Sciences / Public Health / Management or equivalent qualification will be preferable
- Senior govt. official liaisoning
- Strategic Thinking
- Innovation & Creative Thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Coaching and mentoring
- Technical proposal/report writing
- Knowledge of Family Planning programme and policies in India/UP
- Knowledge of Organizations' System and understanding of inter-agency coordination processes
- Knowledge of survey design and research methodologies (Quant/Qual)
How To Apply:
Interested candidates please apply by COB 20th September, 2021 using the online IHAT Application by clicking https://www.ihat.in/vacancies/deputy-director-family-planning-strategy-2/ or visit IHAT Vacancy page at www.ihat.in. Only complete online applications will be considered.
IHAT provides a safe working environment for all its employees; follows the principle of equal opportunity and encourages women applicants. Physically challenged with required skills /knowledge and willing to travel are also encouraged to apply.
We will be following a systematic selection process to fill this position based on experience, competency and suitability. Shortlisting for the posts will take place soon after the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview. Unfortunately, we are able to contact only those applicants who have been shortlisted for the interview. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of the closing date, please assume that the current IHAT positions are unable to accommodate you at the moment. It is also not possible for us to provide you with specific feedback because of the volume of applications we receive.
IHAT does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.