HR at India Health Action Trust
Views:401 Applications:59 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:45
India Health Action Trust - Deputy Director - Family Planning Programs (12-15 yrs)
Deputy Director FP Programs
About IHAT :
India Health Action Trust (IHAT) aims at improving public health initiatives by supporting programs nationally and globally through providing comprehensive technical assistance in program planning, management and monitoring. Pursuant to the Memorandum of Cooperation between the GoUP and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, IHAT set up a Technical Support Unit (TSU) in 2013 to provide techno-managerial support to the Government of Uttar Pradesh (GoUP) to improve utilization, coverage and quality of key reproductive, maternal, new-born, child health and nutrition (RMNCHN) interventions and services in the state. The TSU has been set up from the funding support of Bill & Melinda Gate Foundation (BMGF) through University of Manitoba (UOM), Canada.
About Program :
UPTSU provides integrated Technical Assistance (TA) to the government of Uttar Pradesh (GoUP), which focuses on accelerating progress in reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health, and nutrition (RMNCHN). UPTSU works closely with the GoUP at the state, district and local levels to optimize RMNCHN programs and services. The technical assistance provided by UPTSU is integrated within the GoUP's health system response for scale-up and sustainability. UPTSU focuses on interventions to improve outcomes in Family Planning, Maternal and Newborn Health, and Nutrition, along with Routine Immunization, Digital Health, and other initiatives.
Reporting to :
Project Director - Family Planning (PD-FP)
Travel Requirements :
As per program requirement.
Job Summary :
The Deputy Director will support the work in operationalizing the identified strategies to help improve implementation of Family Planning interventions across 75 districts. He/she will be responsible for supporting designing and implementing family planning interventions & pilots in the state. He/she will provide guidance to program team and work closely with other Deputy Directors to have a seamless flow of information and co-ordination to move things in an integrated manner. The position requires up to 40% travel to UP districts & other states.
Key Responsibilities :
Key Deliverables expected from the Job Role:
- Government liaising and advocacy for operational issues identified from the field.
- Clearly understanding GoI and donor priorities and building them in the operational plans being prepared
- Work with program and quality teams to critically design and adapt program components to achieve program goals, ensuring alignment with government priorities.
- Routinely identify and assess the benefits and risks associated with program implementation, and develop a plan for delivering benefits and strategies to mitigate risks and resolve issues;
- In coordination with the state team develop and implement sustainability plans for programs
- Provide strategic guidance to state specialists and oversee the development and tracking of workplans ensuring alignment with donor approved workplans
- Coordinate with the various functions for provision of required support to teams across all program components;
- In coordination with senior team at state & program M&E team design and implement M&E frameworks, and other M&E activities for various program components.
- Plan routine meetings with teams and carry out field visits to provide program and technical support, as needed
- Coordinate with the Deputy Directors/Team Leads from other interventions to identify synergies between other projects in TSU.
- Identify human resource needs and in coordinate with project director and Human Resources team for the recruitment of staff / consultants as required
- Leverage experience & knowledge to develop innovative models/pilots/ implementation research to increase awareness of FP practices & increase uptake of modern contraception.
- Any other work given by the Project Director or organization from time to time
- Additional tasks as may be added to the Job Description from time to time for the job role
- Minimum 12 -15 year of experience in planning & implementing health initiatives at national/state level
- At least 5 years of experience in managing and leading teams
- Strong familiarity and experience of working in RMNCHN program in UP or in similar environments will be an added advantage
Preferred experience : At least 5 years of experience in family planning and reproductive health will be preferable
Required Qualification :
- Post Graduate in Social Sciences / Public Health or MBA from a top tier institute
Preferred Qualification : PhD in Social Sciences / Public Health / Management or equivalent qualification will be preferable
Key Competencies :
Senior govt. official liaisoning
- Strategic Thinking
- Innovation & Creative Thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Coaching and mentoring
- Team Management
- Knowledge of Family Planning programme and policies in India/UP
- Knowledge of Organizations' System and understanding of inter-agency coordination processes
IHAT provides a safe working environment for all its employees; follows the principle of equal opportunity and encourages women applicants. Physically challenged with required skills /knowledge and willing to travel are also encouraged to apply.
We will be following a systematic selection process to fill this position based on experience, competency and suitability. Shortlisting for the posts will take place soon after the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Unfortunately, we are able to contact only those applicants who have been shortlisted for the interview. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of the closing date, please assume that the current IHAT positions are unable to accommodate you at the moment. It is also not possible for us to provide you with specific feedback because of the volume of applications we receive.
IHAT does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing, or other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.