Director at Vanguard Human Resources
Views:1053 Applications:243 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:69
India Group Manager - Legal - Professional Services (12-15 yrs)
About The company it's a MNC Listed at NYSE having a Big Presence in India leaning global professional services, providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
The MNC is an equal opportunities employer& recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
Role Summary : To support our goals as an industry leader, we are seeking a Group Manager to join our dynamic Law & Compliance Centre of Excellence (CoE) team at our Gurgaon office. The position will report to the Director Legal, India and is expected to be self driven, involving regular interaction with business, law & compliance leadership.
You will be responsible for building and managing a cohesive team that works efficiently and optimally to achieve the organization's objectives. You should display excellent interpersonal skills to build quality relationships with the team, our internal clients and stakeholders, be self-driven and able to work with minimal supervision.
You must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, timely and efficient. Strong english written and verbal communication skills, decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important. The ideal candidate will be highly organized with a process-oriented and operational mindset, demonstrating commercial / financial acumen.
Primary Duties: Contract Review and strategic support
a. Draft, review and negotiate all types of commercial contracts
b. Build and improve the team's business acumen and contracting skills to enable them to provide collaborative and commercially astute solutions
c. Understand the business' pressure points and growth & strategy plans to enable informed tactical choices while effectively communicating the legal risks involved in any decision
d. Manage client deadlines and competing priorities without delay or compromising on quality
Strategic and Operations:
a. Actively work on strategies to efficiently drive greater capacity for the Law & Compliance department by creating structure, and processes to grow and support a high performing COE team
b. Develop and strengthen effective relationships with internal stakeholders - local, regional and global - across business and corporate functions
c. Excel at workforce & capacity management, work allocation and back-up planning to ensure minimal disruption to operations
d. Drive efficiency by continuous standardization and streamlining of processes
e. Identify, resolve and prevent roadblocks in operations with timely escalation
f. Be able to prepare insightful reports for senior leaders
g. Manage the team budget, resource management, budgeted growth plans and forecasting requirements
a. Demonstrate proven track record of ensuring productivity and engagement across a large virtual / hybrid team
b. Manage the day-to-day activities of the team, including:
- Motivate the team to achieve organizational goals
- Set clear team goals
- Create a trusted environment with an open communication culture
- Delegate tasks and set deadlines
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics
- Discover training needs and provide coaching
- Listen to team members' feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
- Recognize high performance and reward accomplishments
- Encourage creativity and risk-taking
- Organize town halls, team building activities and engagement events
- Drive a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Hands-on experience in reviewing / negotiating contracts of all complexities
- Client/stakeholder relationship management
- Reasonable proficiency in Microsoft Office: intermediate to advanced Word, basic PowerPoint, and Excel
- Familiarity with legal technology, tools and platform will be preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to understand and apply learned concepts
- Ability to multitask, adjust and prioritize according to changing needs
- Team / people management:
a. A high level of accountability, discretion, confidentiality and diplomacy
b. Strong work ethic, high moral character and professional integrity
c. Proven work experience as a team supervisor with strong collaboration, interpersonal, leadership skills and relationship-building skills
d. In-depth knowledge of performance metrics
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.