HR at India Child Protection Fund
Views:1324 Applications:303 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
India Child Protection Fund - Director - Communications (10-15 yrs)
Reporting : Chief Executive Officer
Purpose : The Director, Communications is a key leadership position, responsible for a coherent and effective communication within and external to the organisation
Location : New Delhi, India
ABOUT US :
The India Child Protection Fund (ICPF) is a new social impact fund focussed on child protection. The mission of ICPF is to serve the child protection ecosystem by supporting grassroots action and activists, identifying and scaling out sustainable solutions, investing in bold innovation, leveraging technology, and promoting strategic and coordinated efforts at all levels. It is headquartered in New Delhi, India and shall invest in child protection initiatives in India, Nepal and Bangladesh.
The exploitation of children, particularly child trafficking, is a highly organized and complex crime which operates across state and national borders. In order to combat this crime, civil society's response needs to be more strategic, organised and sustainable, and backed by empirical evidence. ICPF is mobilizing regional philanthropies and international donors to funnel their resources into a strategic and holistic strategy aimed at solving the problem. Driven by activists and grassroots experience, ICPF shall fundamentally transform the donor-grantee ecosystem in the region. It shall create a level playing field for funding, define sector standards, build capacities, promote greater collaboration and enable bold, data-driven approaches and innovations.
The Director - Communications shall lead the team which is responsible for following streams of work:
1. Development and implementation of ICPF's external communication strategy which is aimed at the media (print, broadcast and online), strategic partners (funders, grantees, government, education institutions, think tanks etc.) and global platforms
2. Development and implementation of ICPF's intenal communication strategy which is aimed at staff, associates and partner organisations
3. Communication support to programs and grantees
4. Represention at external events and on key forums and media
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
The Director, Communications shall have the skills and experience to deliver on Key Performance indicators (KPIs) in the following areas :
1. Strategic Planning and Implementation :
- Identify key communication priorities for ICPF's vision and mission delivery
- Develop and implement organisation's internal and external communication strategies to support the Annual Action Plan
- Support development of program communication strategy and materials, and ensure effective delivery across the sector
- Develop and implement organisation's communication policies and guidelines as per the board approved framework including but not limited to branding, media, internal communications etc.
- Oversee content development, lead generation, audience engagement, creative development, key messages, brand promotion, and internal and external reports to stakeholders
- Ensure regular performance review as per the Communication KPIs and respond to changing externalities promptly
- Represent ICPF at relevant national and international forums
- Build and manage a national and international media network to amplify issues surrounding the child protection ecosystem
- Provide strategic support to the Board, CEO and other Directors to ensure ICPF is represented on all forums in accordance to the approved communication strategy
- Provide monthly and quarterly communication reports to the Board, CEO and the Management Committee
- Manage a content library to ensure all ICPF content including photos, videos, presentation, reports are accessible online.
2. Leadership and Organisation Development :
- Lead by example and ensure that ICPF's organization culture and the behaviour and decisions of its associates are aligned to serving the child protection system and solving the problem
- Ensure a shared understanding of organization values, the team's strategic priorities and where the team fits into the larger mission of ICPF, as per the internal communications strategy
- Build a strong, passionate, motivated and competent team which receive the guidance, professional development opportunities, support and resources to perform their roles with efficiency
- Conduct quarterly and annual appraisals of the Communciations Team to ensure that KPIs of team members are monitored and achieved, and timely corrective action is taken where needed such that the mission of ICPF is always on track
- Ensure that the Communications team remains abreast with the latest Communication, Digital, media, branding and other tools-techniques in the child protection and allied sectors
- Represent the mission, vision and strategies of ICPF on relevant external platforms in a coherent, accurate and strategic manner
3. Governance :
- Ensure compliance of the team with board-approved internal policies and governance framework
- Participate in the development of the strategic ICPF Annual Action Plan
- Participate in overall governance of the organization as part of the Management Committee
- Post graduate or equivalent degree in Communication, Marketing or in the relevant field.
- 10+ years relevant work experience in Communications and Marketing Management or other relevant roles
- Fluency in English and Hindi, spoken and written. Fluency in an additional regional Indian language is an advantage
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong knowledge of Communications, branding, media, digital tools, techniques, data analysis, reporting tools and MIS software
- An eye for detail and precision
- Storytelling and writing capabilities to develop simple and clear communications messages/stories.
- Problem-solving and analytical capabilities, with the ability to develop creative and simple solutions for challenging problems
- Values-alignment with ICPF and a passion to solve problems of child protection
- Team management skills
- Strong computer and digital literacy including advanced use of MS Office
Kindly follow the instructions to apply in the redirected link.