Partner & Co-Head Asia at Incofin Investment Management
Views:134 Applications:29 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:25
Incofin IM - Legal Officer (2-4 yrs)
Legal Officer - Impact Investing
You as legal officer will be part of the legal team and report to the chief legal officer (CLO). Currently the legal team is comprised of one member based in Antwerp, Belgium and two members in Bogot-, Colombia. You will be based in Chennai, India. Your role and responsibilities will be as follows:
Contributing to the growth of Incofin's portfolio by:
- providing legal support and advice in respect of the mandates of Incofin as fund manager and investment advisor from a transactional and regulatory perspective;
- independently drafting and negotiating transactional documentation relating to debt and equity investments in emerging markets across the globe;
- developing and maintaining strong business partner relationships with the investment and operational teams within Incofin and with the teams of the funds managed or advised by Incofin; and
- managing the relationship with a network of local external legal advisers in various jurisdictions.
Contributing to the development and promotion of legal standards within Incofin by:
- building understanding of legal issues, risks and obligations through advice, communications and training of the investment and operational teams within Incofin;
- taking leadership in the creation and/or improvement of legal templates;
- assisting the CLO in the improvement of internal process relating to the documentation and disbursement of investments; and
- taking leadership in the corporate housekeeping and governance of the management companies of Incofin and the funds managed or advised by Incofin.
Contributing to the business and fund development activities of Incofin by:
- assisting the CLO in the structuring of funds and facilities; and
- drafting and negotiating the documentation relating to funds and facilities.
- You hold a law degree from a top university in India, you have completed additional legal studies outside India, and you have an excellent academic record.
- You have two to three years of relevant working experience in banking and financial law (transactional and/or regulatory), corporate law and M&A.
- You are fluent in English, knowledge of another (European) language is desirable, but not a must.
- Age bracket of 25-35 years.
You recognize yourself in the following description:
- Entrepreneurial, proactive and having a creative attitude to problem solving.
- A - can-do- mentality towards supporting new initiatives and resilient to stress.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Process-oriented: experience with legal processes, strong ability to think in terms of processes and their improvement.
- Passionate about Incofin's business and excited by Incofin's values and culture.
- Inclusive and a genuine team player.
- Integrity and high ethical standards.
- Sense of humour, highly developed social/emotional intelligence and good energy level.
- Sense of commitment towards Incofin's medium and long term objectives.