Assistant Manager at IITB DRF
Views:312 Applications:81 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:72
IITB Development & Relations Foundation - Vice President - Corporate Engagement/Fund Raising (15-18 yrs)
About IITB Development and Relations Foundation (IITB-DRF):
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay, an autonomous institute and a deemed university, has established the IITB Development and Relations Foundation (IITB-DRF), an independent non-profit organization (Sec8 company).
The IITB-DRF is set up as a focused development organization for the institute, to focus on outreach, cultivation and stewardship of the alumni, corporate and philanthropic donor community. Through this, it aims to help the institute build & sustain world class infrastructure, drive cutting-edge research, innovation and scholarship, in collaboration with faculty and students of IITB. The IITB-DRF aims to enable IIT Bombay to be more financially independent through creating a development/fundraising capability. The key objective is to focus on its core purpose of scaling up alumni and corporate outreach with a view to seeking their active participation through fund raising and donor participation in enriching IIT Bombay ecosystem
- Work closely with the CEO to design fund raise strategy, engage deeply with corporate houses, and build a strong fund raising team. Closely collaborate with other DRF verticals and internal key stakeholders at IIT B to oversee and ensure effective execution of the strategy.
- Conceptualize, shape and implement a comprehensive and purpose-driven fund-raising strategy to engage various corporates, trusts and foundations and build long-term sustainable relationships
- Understand the CSR ecosystem; analyze the philanthropic interests and priorities of various corporate houses and align them with appropriate fund-raise opportunities available at IIT Bombay
- Proactively identify, engage and build strategic relationships with corporate houses through purposeful engagements; powerfully showcase IITBs leadership in the fields of science and technology and elicit support for partnerships with IITB
- Engage deeply with internal key stakeholders in the system to fully understand the strategic priorities and research focus and co-create new long-term avenues for fund-raise
- Analyze and mine market trends, information and data to identify avenues for fund-raise opportunities
- Participate in networking events and industry forums to position IITB, build a strong institutional understanding of industry trends and leverage them for partnership opportunities at IITB.
- Strive to exceed the set targets for fund-raising annually with the help of the team
- 15+ years in B2B sales experience or not for profit fund-raise
- Strong educational pedigree, preference for qualification in science and technology
- Understanding of long sales cycle e.g. in technology sales
- Outstanding relationship management skills
- Association with philanthropy and fund-raise is a plus