Assistant Manager at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay Development and Relations Foundation
Views:709 Applications:140 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:139
IIT Bombay - Vice President/AVP - Major Donor Engagement (8-17 yrs)
About 'IITB Development and Relations Foundation (IITB-DRF):
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay, an autonomous institute and a deemed university, has established the IITB Development and Relations Foundation (IITB-DRF), an independent non-profit organization (Sec8 company).
The IITB-DRF is set up as a focused development organization for the institute, to focus on outreach, cultivation and stewardship of the alumni, corporate and philanthropic donor community. Through this, it aims to help the institute build & sustain world class infrastructure, drive cutting-edge research, innovation and scholarship, in collaboration with faculty and students of IITB. The IITB-DRF aims to enable IIT Bombay to be more financially independent through creating a development/fundraising capability. The key objective is to focus on its core purpose of scaling up alumni and corporate outreach with a view to seeking their active participation through fund raising and donor participation in enriching IIT Bombay ecosystem.
- Work closely with the CEO to design fund raise strategy, engage deeply with Major donors, and build a strong fund-raising team. Closely collaborate with other DRF verticals and internal key stakeholders at IIT B to oversee and ensure effective execution of the strategy.
- Conceptualize, shape and implement a comprehensive and purpose-driven fund-raising strategy by building deep and long-term engagements with Major Donors.
- Identify, cultivate, and personally engage with donors to fully understand where their interests, concerns and talents align with opportunities at IIT Bombay
- Powerfully showcase IITB leadership in the fields of science and technology, ongoing research work and elicit partnership from donors
- Engage with internal key stakeholders to fully understand the strategic priorities and research focus and co-create new long-term avenues for donations
- Analyze and mine trends, data and information to create avenues and navigate fund-raise opportunities
- Strive to exceed the set targets for fund-raising annually with the help of the team.
- Strong educational pedigree, preference for qualification in science and technology
- 15+ years' experience in product/ services sales to UHNIs/ Family Offices or not for profit fund-raise
- Experience of high value, relationship-based engagements
- Effectively manage internal and external multi-stakeholder environment for desired outcomes
- Association with philanthropy and fund raising is a plus