Assistant Manager at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay Development and Relations Foundation
Views:989 Applications:152 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:144
IIT Bombay - Deputy Manager - Major Donor Engagement (5-7 yrs)
Deputy Manager - Major Donor Engagement
About 'IITB Development and Relations Foundation (IITB-DRF) :
- The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay, an autonomous institute and a deemed university, has established the IITB Development and Relations Foundation (IITB-DRF), an independent non-profit organization (Sec8 company).
- The IITB-DRF is set up as a focused development organization for the institute, to focus on outreach, cultivation and stewardship of the alumni, corporate and philanthropic donor community. Through this, it aims to help the institute build & sustain world class infrastructure, drive cutting-edge and scholarship, in collaboration with faculty and students of IITB.
- The IITB-DRF aims to enable IIT Bombay to be more financially independent through creating a development/fundraising capability. The key objective is focus on its core purpose of scaling up alumni and Corporate outreach with a view to seeking their active participation through fund raising and donor participation in enriching IIT Bombay ecosystem.
Job Purpose :
- Ensure a systematic reach-out to existing/prospective donors, cultivate and develop long-term relationships and create opportunities to elicit support in sponsorships, research projects and funds for IITB.
- Be an enthusiastic brand ambassador of IITB to the external world and position its contribution in cutting edge research & innovation work in the field of science and technology.
Key Responsibilities :
- Analyze and study existing trends in donation from corporate and UHNI segment and formulate a concrete annual reach out plan to significantly enhance the contribution.
- Understand the on-going research work/ areas of innovations and powerfully showcase IITB leadership in cutting edge research & innovation work in the field of science and technology to existing/ prospective donors to elicit support for the cause.
- Display exceptional relationship building skills and build deep and sustainable relationships with corporates & UHNIs
- Continuous engagement with corporates/UHNIs to position sponsorships for projects, research work, scholarships etc. as philanthropic and goodwill opportunities
- Strive to exceed the set target for fund-raise.
Desired Experience/competencies :
- 5-7 years' experience in building and growing relationships for growth/development
- Excellent communication & relationship building skills
- Association with philanthropy and fund raising is a plus
- Experience of managing small teams preferred