Assistant Manager at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay Development and Relations Foundation
Views:361 Applications:57 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:55
IIT Bombay - Assistant Manager/Deputy Manager - Major Donor Management (5-12 yrs)
About 'IITB Development and Relations Foundation (IITB-DRF):
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay, an autonomous institute and a deemed university, has established the IITB Development and Relations Foundation (IITB-DRF), an independent non-profit organization (Sec8 company).
The IITB-DRF is set up as a focused development organization for the institute, to focus on outreach, cultivation and stewardship of the alumni, corporate and philanthropic donor community. Through this, it aims to help the institute build & sustain world class infrastructure, drive cutting-edge and scholarship, in collaboration with faculty and students of IITB. The IITB-DRF aims to enable IIT Bombay to be more financially independent through creating a development/fundraising capability. The key objective is focus on its core purpose of scaling up alumni and Corporate outreach with a view to seeking their active participation through fund raising and donor participation in enriching IIT Bombay ecosystem.
- Ensure a systematic reach-out to existing/ prospective donors, cultivate and develop long-term relationships and create opportunities to elicit support in sponsorships, research projects and funds for IITB. Be an enthusiastic brand ambassador of IITB to the external world and position its contribution in cutting edge research & innovation work in the field of science and technology.
- Analyze and study existing trends in donation from corporate and UHNI segment and formulate a concrete annual reach out plan to significantly enhance the contribution.
- Understand the on-going research work/ areas of innovations and powerfully showcase IITB leadership in cutting edge research & innovation work in the field of science and technology to existing/ prospective donors to elicit support for the cause.
- Display exceptional relationship building skills and build deep and sustainable relationships with corporates & UHNIs
- Continuous engagement with corporates/ UHNIs to position sponsorships for projects, research work, scholarships etc. as philanthropic and goodwill opportunities
- Strive to exceed the set target for fund-raise.
Desired Experience/ competencies:
- 5-7 years' experience in building and growing relationships for growth/ development
- Excellent communication & relationship building skills
- Association with philanthropy and fund raising is a plus
- Experience of managing small teams preferred