Assistant Manager at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay Development and Relations Foundation
Views:1039 Applications:168 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:165
IIT Bombay - Assistant Manager/Deputy Manager - Finance (5-9 yrs)
Foster strong relationships with alumni, corporations and philanthropists and seek their participation in IIT Bombay's pursuit of excellence.
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay - Development and Relations Foundation (DRF) is a not-for-profit section 8 unit. IITB DRF facilitates Institute's core mission and engages with our vibrant alumni community, corporations, and foundations with the goal of developing and sustaining long-term relationships. These groups are the key stakeholders in IIT Bombay's pursuit of excellence. We encourage the involvement and participation of these entities in the Institute's strategic initiatives. These include setting up world class research and academics in emerging areas of science and technology, building world class infrastructure, improving faculty value proposition, strengthening the entrepreneurship ecosystem, and contributing to the society.
IITB DRF assists fundraising endeavours by way of donor solicitations, managing donor programs, maintaining financial accounts and reporting details of all activities implemented with alumni donations.
The role shall be instrumental in analyzing everyday financial activities and subsequently provide inputs for financial reporting to enable strategic planning and decision making to meet the Organizational objectives.
- Perform a variety of advanced financial analyses to determine present and forecasted financial requirements, examine financial and legal documents to verify accuracy and adherence to financial regulations and acceptable financial principles.
- Provide reports and interpret financial information while recommending further courses of action.
- Use financial modeling to simulate financial scenarios, manage the preparation and publication of financial dashboards.
- Develop and manage data regarding donation budgets, deposits, disbursement and grant reporting.
- Maintain accounting data, design MIS and generation of reports as per donor requirement
- Responsible for processing Vendor Invoices and Payments, Perform Invoice Plan Settlement, Electronic Funds Transfer Process, Creation and release of accruals, create WBS, fund transfer from one WBS to other, maintain SAP account heads, CJ20N
- Maintain recurring postings, Payables and Receivables, Perform reconciliation
- Ensure operational compliance with policies, procedures and regulations for any necessary entities
- Maintain exchange rates, Set up External Tax Audit access, Electronic Funds Transfer Process
- Analyze financial statements, reconcile all balance sheet and income statement accounts, assist in preparing year-end books for audit
- Develop and manage reporting as per business requirement.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required (MBA preferred)
- 5+ years' experience in a financial management position
- Functional Business analyst
- Should have good understanding on FI tables and fields
- Should have knowledge on development activities
- Need to have hands on experience in A/P, A/R, Overhead Cost Controlling.
- Should have experience on Gl, AR, AP, GL, Asset Accounting , Bank Accounting
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications, specifically in Excel, macros, data analysis, and pivot tables
- Good to have knowledge about SAP
- Extensive financial statement modeling experience
Professional Attributes :
- Able to work under pressure, etc needed to carry out this job
- Project delivery and good communication skills
- Understanding of SAP FI/CO / PS
- Should help team with trouble shooting
- Meticulous attention to detail with excellent organizational skills