Lead - Cards Analytics at IDFC First Bank
Views:399 Applications:82 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:79
IDFC FIRST Bank - Modeling Specialist - Credit Cards Domain (4-8 yrs)
About the team
IDFC FIRST Bank's core philosophy follows a customer centric promise Always You First- . The bank aspires to provide high quality financial solutions for emerging India, while keeping customer at the core.
This team is pivotal for delivering this vision. The team act as a center of excellence to provide accurate and timely data analytics to drive personalized and innovative product offerings to customers.
The team will work closely with all business units (product, sales), functional stakeholders (e.g. credit, operations, Journey Excellence), technology teams (IT team and vendors) and external partners (e.g. DSAs, agencies) to deliver impact on key business metrics through data and analytics.
Purpose of the role
- The modeling analyst will own all model development/validation within Credit Card analytics team end to end
- Build robust credit risk models like Application Score (includes reject inferencing) / Behavior Score
- Build fraud risk/collections models for Credit Cards
- Work with Policy / Risk / Model validation teams to secure approval of models developed
- Set up a framework for model governance within the Cards analytics team - prepare and publish model governance reports on a monthly basis
- Be a subject matter expert in the domain of statistical models by remaining updated on new algorithms
- Guide the rest of the team for all modeling related activities
Scope of the role
- Recruit, train, develop and supervise junior resources in the team
- Leverage model development skills to help business acquire high quality customers.
- Provide data driven solutions to improve portfolio quality and delinquency
- Ability to understand complex business problems, end to end hands on exposure to analytics- including collecting, pulling and preparing data, building statistical/ ML models using Python/ R / SAS & other tools and generating insights to synthesize a complete, cohesive picture.
- Communicate the context and value of data analysis and models to stakeholders.
- Work closely with internal and external business partners in building, implementing, tracking and improving decision strategies
Desired Candidate profile
The desired candidate must have
- 4+ years of experience in model development
- Master's degree in Economics / Statistics / Mathematics from premier institutes
like ISI / IITs
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Predictive modeling skills, both traditional and ML techniques
- Knowledge of SAS/Python/R