Ideapoke - Strategic Research Lead (6-8 yrs)
Ideapoke is a global, fast growing start-up with offices in Bengaluru, Bay Area, Tokyo and Shanghai. Our software, search and insights power the innovation agenda of the largest Fortune 500 and Global 2000 companies worldwide.
Our growth is powered by our people and their unwavering commitment to the company-wide vision, strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial do-it-all spirit. We push the boundaries and break existing thought processes with the strong belief that innovation amplifies success in every piece of work we do and by extension, amplifying the success of our clients.
- Ideapokes- like to constantly learn, grow and make a difference. Join us and be part of our story.
Strategic Research Lead @Ideapoke
The Strategic Research Lead helps clients realize the complete value of Ideapoke data and insights. You will specialize in understanding the client's objectives and mapping the data and information back to the client's corporate strategy and innovation needs. The SRL will develop a deep knowledge of their customers- business, technology and product innovation plans and create innovative search approaches, insights and presentations. The SRL is responsible for the smooth project execution and high client satisfaction.
What are my roles and responsibilities?
- Drive the research agenda by working with Ideapoke's clients to deliver strategic research projects.
- Liaising with clients in breaking down business objectives into addressable requirements
- Assist in driving commercial outcomes for the client's business including business and revenue model analysis and go to market strategies recommendations
- Deeply understand the client's technology and market roadmap, core capabilities and competencies
- Define, customize and own internal frameworks for data-driven analysis and insights generation for strategic research and consulting projects
- Engage with clients to educate and advise them on the latest developments in corporate and technology innovation based on data-driven insights
- Working collaboratively with a team of research leads and research analysts and mentor them.
- Contributing in individual capacity for key client research requirements
- Work closely with customer success, account management and senior management to identify issues, handle challenges and discover new ways to deliver value to the client
- Work with sales teams towards presales and client-oriented pitch decks and presentations
- Constantly innovating on the Ideapoke SaaS product to provide exceptional client experience
What skills and experiences would I bring into this role?
- BE / BTech + MTech or MBA is a must
- A minimum of 6 - 8 years within the consulting, strategic research, professional services or similar space. This is not an IT Consulting or a pureplay market research role
- Highly proficient with MS Power Point (an absolute must), Excel and Word
- Practical experience of delivering consulting projects for clients across a wide variety of domains and markets
- Ability to synthesize ambiguous concepts and/or data that develop meaningful conclusions and insights
- Ability to take and implement feedback well and a high tolerance for change required
- Exceptional written and oral communication abilities
- Fluent English is required for this role. Knowledge of other languages such as Japanese are a plus.
- More importantly, you are a team player. You will work with your colleagues in a collaborative, extremely fast-paced startup environment
Why would I love this role?
- You are hungry, humble and agile, with a creative approach to problem solving, and a commitment to delivering true value to clients
- You aim to be an effective, proactive advisor to the client, not just manage the client's projects
- You are interested to learn and understand global business and emerging technology issues
- You are ready to experiment, fail and learn fast
- No two days in Ideapoke are the same. You are ready to work across these exciting technology themes here
- You have a deep intellectual curiosity to understand companies can build new products and adopt new technologies by collaborating with startups, universities and innovative companies
- You are able to multi-task and handle the details while keeping an eye on the big picture
- You are looking for a dynamic career progression in a fast-growing SaaS organization (backed by leading investors from the valley) developing new products and services in an innovative space
You are ambitious: At Ideapoke you will be more than just a cog of an organizational machine, we encourage you to challenge the status quo and create your own opportunities