Ideapoke - Manager - Research (8-10 yrs)
- Ideapoke is a global, fast growing start-up with offices in Bengaluru, Bay Area, Tokyo and Shanghai. Our software, search and insights power the innovation agenda of the largest Fortune 500 and Global 2000 companies worldwide.
- Our growth is powered by our people and their unwavering commitment to the company-wide vision, strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial do-it-all spirit. We push the boundaries and break existing thought processes with the strong belief that innovation amplifies success in every piece of work we do and by extension, amplifying the success of our clients.
- Ideapokes- like to constantly learn, grow and make a difference. Join us and be part of our story.
Research Management @Ideapoke:
The RM is a high impact individual and team contributor playing a transformative role in the client's technology & innovation strategy requirements. You will act as the focal contact between the client and internal analyst team ensuring that the client is receiving the maximum value of data and insights we generate. The RM will develop a deep knowledge of their customers- business, technology and product innovation plans and create innovative search approaches to meet their objectives. The RM is ultimately responsible for the smooth project delivery and high client satisfaction.
What are my roles and responsibilities?
- Liaising with clients in breaking down business objectives into addressable requirements
- Managing complex technology research projects, mentoring and working collaboratively with a team of research leads and research analysts
- Define, customise and own robust project execution frameworks, delivery models for research projects
- Closely align the research project execution with Ideapoke's SaaS platform to deliver a seamless experience for the client
- Contributing in individual capacity for key client research requirements
- Interpreting data, generating reports, and making actionable recommendations for market, technology and competitive intelligence to the clients
- The role combines an understanding of data sources, primary and secondary research techniques, to deliver highly synthesized, packaged findings derived from information sources
- Brainstorm with customer success, account management and senior management to identify issues, handle challenges and discover new ways to deliver value to the client
- Work with sales teams towards pre-sales and client-oriented pitch decks and presentations
- Work closely with customer account and strategic research teams to support account-based marketing (ABM)
- Constantly innovating on the Ideapoke SaaS product to provide exceptional client experience
What skills and experiences would I bring into this role?
- BE / BTech + MTech or MBA is a must:
- A minimum of 8+ years within the custom Market research / technology research or similar space
- Highly proficient with MS Power-Point (an absolute must), Excel and Word
- Practical experience of delivering research projects for clients across a wide variety of domains and markets
- Exceptional written and oral communication abilities
- Working experience in a team of research professionals, using research tools and methodologies
- Fluent English is required for this role. Knowledge of other languages such as Japanese are a plus
- More importantly, you are a team player. You will work with your colleagues in a collaborative, extremely fast-paced startup environment
Why would I love this role?
- You are hungry, humble and agile, with a creative approach to problem solving, and a commitment to delivering true value to clients
- You aim to be an effective, proactive advisor to the client, not just manage the client's projects
- You are interested to learn and understand global business and emerging technology issues
- You are ready to experiment, fail and learn fast
- No two days in Ideapoke are the same. You are ready to work across these exciting technology themes here
- You have a deep intellectual curiosity to understand how innovators such as startups, universities and large companies innovate and operate
- You are able to multi-task and handle the details while keeping an eye on the big picture
- You are looking for a dynamic career progression in a fast-growing SaaS organization (backed by leading investors from the valley) developing new products and services in an innovative space
You are ambitious: At Ideapoke you will be more than just a cog of an organizational machine, we encourage you to challenge the status quo and create your own opportunities