ICICI Bank - Trade Product Manager - Capital Account Advisory (8-14 yrs)
- Drive Capital Account related products for bank's domestic and overseas branches/subsidiaries. The incumbent should have good understanding of the FEMA regulations relating to the capital account transactions. Understanding SEBI guidelines is also necessary.
- Market awareness and scope to look for investments into India by a non-resident from abroad and Investment by a resident Indian abroad in the form of WOS / JV etc., are the desired skills.
- Continuously engage with Financial advisors to the corporates, Chartered Accountants community, Company secretaries to understand their plans for raising capital in the form of inviting investments from abroad and vice versa from Indian enterprise investing abroad in other companies etc., and to make the bank preferred partner in those transactions are the core job functionality.
- FDI into India and ODI from India and other capital account transactions are structured and hand held with the client within the boundaries of regulation and wherever required to liaise with the regulators and with FEMA Compliance team within the bank for necessary approvals to undertake the transactions. Should able to provide necessary guidance and support in terms of changes to the regulations for timely rollout necessary process and procedural and reporting changes to the regulators.
- This would require understanding the market specific business environment and scope out geography-wise opportunities by various means including but not limited to market research.
- Understanding of letters of credit, guarantees, cross border remittances is a key requirement
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify and have regular updates on sectors where FDI / ODI are flowing.
- Engage with the relevant stakeholders inside and outside the bank in advance to route the FDI / ODI through us
- Liaise with Zonal teams for client specific capital account transactions and requirements
- Guide the branches on queries and documents relating to structured transactions
- Regular engagements with the clients for hand holding and document preparation and to comply with regulations by guidance and support wherever required.
- Understand competitors / Other banks activity related to capital account. Workout on how to keep our solution and structuring are better and faster to grab the opportunity
- Engage with internal control groups with trade subject matter expertise as and when required
- Drive technology platforms - conceptualization and implementation
- Drive fee numbers, conduct periodic reviews with senior management
- Handle senior management presentations towards location specific strategy (existing/new locations)
Key skills :
- Expert knowledge and awareness of trade finance products, and FEMA regulations relating to current account and capital account rules
- Knowledge of regulations - RBI, PMLA, OFAC, FATF
- Adept at working with spreadsheets including data analysis
- Good interpersonal skills - ability to coordinate as well as drive results telephonically across geographies
- Good presentation skills to clearly outline the plan and performance
- Basic market knowledge of key competition in the market and individual strengths in product offerings across sectors.
- Train and create adequate backup, systemic control and process for monitoring