IBM - KYC Operations Manager - Risk & Compliance (6-15 yrs)
Work Location : Bangalore
Shift : Candidates would have to be open to work in any shift
Your Role and Responsibilities :
As part of the Risk & Compliance team, you'll be a trusted business advisor. You'll have the opportunity to position IBM for long-term financial growth delivering analysis and providing insight and innovation into the business. You'll be redefining how we manage our organization and how we work while achieving budgeted targets and ensuring the delivery of a high-quality product.
- As an Operations Manager /Leader, you will direct and manages the daily activities of staff responsible for investigative compliance reviews that assist our clients in meeting and exceeding regulatory expectations in AML, BSA, OFAC sanctions and other areas relevant to today's heightened regulatory climate. You would provide leadership and coaching to the team leads and analysts, ensuring production objectives and performance standards are met against client deliverables.
- You will also play a key role in the overall strategic direction of the company, and work on high priority initiatives in a rapidly growing business by collaborating with Compliance, Executive Management, Finance, HR/Resource Management, Quality Assurance, Sales, and Solutions teams.
- Provides direct management and supervision to Team Leads and front-line production staff.
- Ensures proper engagement planning, staffing, and direction of the operational functions on multiple client engagements and teams.
- Identifies issues and efficiency opportunities through monitoring of staff production, internal reports, staff meetings and on-going interaction with team.
- Provides business direction, coaching, and timely execution against contractual deliverables through performance management.
- Ensures proficient training, staff development, and effective employee relation/recognition is achieved for all operational personnel.
- Responsible for developing and executing against action plans to effect continuous process improvement.
- Supports business development initiatives.
- Authorizes and coordinates changes in staffing schedules through HR/Resource Manager.
- Leads client meetings with a focus on operational execution for all ongoing engagements as well as overall client relationship management including, serving as the primary point of contact, managing issue escalations as necessary and ensuring contractual adherence for all parties.
- Partners with senior leaders to support development of growth strategy.
- Interviews, screens, and makes hiring decisions for Analyst staff in coordination with HR.
- Partners with other Operations Managers to ensure timely and effective delivery for all operational teams.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise :
- Minimum 7 years of experience within the financial services industry, regulatory compliance a plus. AML experience preferred.
- 6 years of management experience in a production environment with experience leading multiple teams or departments.
- Experience with profit and loss management.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to proactively manage multiple/changing priorities and deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge of financial services operations. Experience with anti-money laundering and/or asset loan reviews, preferred.
- Experience developing and managing large scale operational teams.
- Proven track record of implementing operational process improvement projects.
- Ability to independently make decisions that contribute to the success of an engagement and the best interest of the company.
- Strong presentation and leadership skills required.
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise :
- Experience with client relationship management, as well as front-line supervisor development.
- Must be able to work and thrive in a fast paced, high intensity, high demand, and deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency by responding immediately to escalated issues and rapidly changing priorities.
- Must possess critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills to be used in operational planning and evaluation.
- Ability to deal with highly confidential information in a professional manner.
- Excellent computer skills; advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office products.