IBM - Group Manager - Supply Chain/SCM/HRO Solutions (15-20 yrs)
About IBM India:
IBM India since 1992 provides solutions and services spanning all major industries including financial services, healthcare, government, automotive, telecommunications, and education, among others. As a trusted partner with wide-ranging service capabilities, IBM helps clients transform and succeed in significant circumstances. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, distinguishes IBM India from other companies in the industry.
Business Unit Introduction:
Our Globally integrated IBM Cognitive Process Services (CPS) team provides offshore, nearshore and onshore solutions to Client delivery service requirements across industries and geographies. With various streams under F&A (Finance and Administration) we excel in Record to Report (R2R), Procure to Pay (P2P), Order to Cash O2C) along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), Recruitment Process Outsourcing HR/learnings and Integrated Source to Pay Operations for our Clients.
As the Solution Architect, you are responsible for developing the solution for a deal based on client requirements while ensuring IBM Global Services meets its profit goals and objectives over the life of the contract. You will contribute to the vision of functional or unit mission and apply vision in engagements.
- You can develop and sell this during the engagement cycle.
- Collaboration and partnership - As a key member of the sales engagement team, you will need to work effectively with the client teams and with Third-Party advisors and establish strong relationships. Partner with various internal IBM organizations.
- Influence the functional strategy and will be responsible for specific operational areas of SCM / Supply Chain / HRO / Hire to Retire
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
- Develop a solution that IBM offers to clients in the areas of Supply Chain or HRO
- Involved in the development of a price competitive and innovative business process outsourcing solution that meets the client requirements and delivers value to our customer
- Design solution offerings to support the processes and the required infrastructure to implement the solution
- Work with the delivery team and participate in the negotiation of the Service Level Agreements.
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses to become the expert you want to be.
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you.
Position Summary and Responsibilities aspects:
- Targets key clients within his/her assigned industry or industries and develop relationships with key executives to help position services
- Leads sales engagements, selling solutions to complex business requirements
- Formally engages and leads large multidisciplinary teams in developing complex solutions for specific client opportunities and in developing client deliverables such as a request for information (RFI), request for proposal response (RFP), and statements
- Leads client negotiations to market proposed solutions to senior client executives, including CEO, CFO, CIO, Boards of Directors, and Evaluation Committees. Acts as the single point of client contact for all activities at his/her assigned account(s)
- Makes decisions on the scope of a deal and possible trade-offs to win the contract, with overall marketing responsibility for the final proposal to the client, conducting customer negotiations on complex issues at the senior executive level
- Knowledge Management: Global knowledge sharing and management is key to IBM's success
- Will participate in, and/or be responsible for the creation, harvesting, protection, and reuse of IBM's intellectual capital. They will participate actively in knowledge sharing activities like communities of practice, forums, conferences and/or other knowledge exchanges
- May manage multiple opportunities concurrently
- Environment: Implementing new and improved business processes for managing and expanding customer accounts and understanding the business models and have experience delivering solutions to customers
- Relationship building: Managing relationships and networking across many different functions in a fast-moving business environment
- Communication: Developing and implementing an effective strategic account plan through collaboration with other team members and effective professional discipline, organization, management and communication
- Engagement: Equipped to handle engagements characterized by complex combination of technical, business, financial, and human resources issues related to the strategic and tactical direction of customers
- Experience: 15 + years- experience, 10+ years consultative selling in Outsourcing /Finance industry
- Must be an extraordinary team leader, an astute business person
- Exhibits exceptional business insight
- Exhibits thought leadership anticipates future and long-term strategies and capable of articulating the strategies to an executable mode
- Takes the necessary proactive measure to assess the probable risk for IBM and clients and come up with actionable steps
- Leads selection of methodologies, tools and components of total architectural solutions
- Can lead Change Management and transformational projects at a large scale
Impact on Business /Scope :
- Develops the financial solution for a deal based on client requirements while ensuring IBM Global Services meets its profit goals and objectives over the life of the contract
- Sales experience is an advantage, accomplishing sales targets is of key importance to the role
- Activities directly affect customer satisfaction. Work is visible to and recognized by all levels of the customer organization. Works with customers, from team members to executive levels, to ensure understanding of, acceptance of and satisfaction with I/T solution and development approach
- Architectural leadership activities produce cost-effective solutions which directly affect the functional, business unit or country costs and expenses
- Contributes to the vision of functional or unit mission and applies vision in engagements
Statement of Essential Job Functions :
- Develop solutions with passion to be essential and create an impact for the client and the organization
- Envision benefits and advantages that will help the client succeed and take ownership to execute the vision/goals to the final stage
- Reinvent and create new opportunities and approaches to "go above and beyond" on behalf of the client and the organization
- Build trust and personal responsibility in all interactions within the organization and with the clients
- Experience in conducting workshops and Design Thinking Coach certification and experience in a leading client-facing design thinking workshop
IBM is committed to crafting a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to your race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.