IBM - Business Analyst - PMO - Market Risk Management (3-6 yrs)
The Finance & Admin Business Analyst is essential to the ongoing profitable operations for one of the most globally recognized and respected companies in the world. By overseeing our financial activities, you will enable IBM to continue to bring to market ground-breaking innovations such as Artificial Intelligence, Cognitive Solutions, Cloud Infrastructure, and Blockchain technologies, to name a few.
About Business Unit :
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM :
What matters to you when youre looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBM :
IBMs greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Role : Market Risk Business Management Specialist
Business Management function for Market Risk Management including:
- Coordination of change projects (Scrum Master)
- Coordination of change requests (alignment with business teams as well as PMO)
- Preparation of service meetings with the customers
- Organization / maintenance of process documentation
- Coordination of requests raised (e.g. by audit)
- Management of customer requests as well as incidents
Support of the Market Risk Management function including:
- Business support of the daily calculation of relevant market risks incl. quality assurance and basic validation of results
- Business support for the provision of the variance-covariance (VCV) matrix for the calculation of the Value at Risk and the calculation of counterparty risk for trading positions (pre settlement risk, issuer risk, credit risk, settlement risk, exposures for CVA calculation) incl. quality assurance and basic validation of results
- Business support and quality assurance of the backtesting report incl. provision of backtesting history
- Execution of the daily valuation of trading products in accordance with MaRisk incl. determination of valuation prices for securities, updates of interest rate curves, Fx rates and FX points, updates of volatilities, updates of in currency and cross-currency spreads, execution of Incremental Present Value (IPV) procedure, assurance of full portfolio coverage regarding valuation, support of the dissolution of collateral disputes
- Business support for market conformity checks for security transactions, FX and Money Market and interest rate derivatives including plausibility checks
- Business support of the tools and processes used for the calculation of market risk figures and parameters incl. quality assurance process
Required Professional and Technical Expertise:
- 2 - 6 years profound experience in Project management / Business Analyst for market and counterparty risk management
- Understanding of all Trading Products (Money Market, FX, Derivatives, ...)
- Knowledge / understanding of market and counterparty risk management as well as portfolio steering (e.g. valuation, IPV, market conformity, collateral disputes, CVA, ...)
- Working knowledge of regulatory framework (e.g. Basel II under MaRisk)
- Proven analytical skills, capability to understand complex products and processes
- Proficient in technical understanding of data flows and interdependencies between various IT systems used, ideally experience with Summit; high affinity to IT systems
- Demonstrable expertise client and solution-oriented communication skills (interaction with various IBM teams as well as with customers)
- Demonstrated focus on risk and quality related aspects, reliability
- Proven ability of MS Office products (esp. Excel), SQL and typical market risk data models
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise:
- Experience in control, risk focused and attention to detail
- Proven client/business focused communication skills
- Ability to liaise with Technology and communicate system requirements
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals
- Proven change management and be open to it good time management and work under tight deadlines
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications