HR at Hughes Network
Views:1317 Applications:252 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:80
Hughes - Manager - Business Development - Government Vertical (8-13 yrs)
Role : Business development Manager - Government vertical.
Job description :
- The role holder is expected to work on identification of new business by adopting innovative ways to generate new business offering in state and central government segment for Hughes offered solutions.
- Perseverance and consistent in follow-through and resourcefulness to convert the identified opportunities to business case for the company to meet the budgeted revenue numbers.
- Good understanding on state and central Government working structure, Government policy on various schemes, fund flow pattern and role of project implementing agencies to generate new opportunity.
- Managing relationship with major IT, ITES, SI, FMS companies and Government nodal agencies for joint bidding and explore other possible new business areas.
- Meeting annual budgeted numbers for new opportunity, sales closure and other performance parameters based on the organizational requirement and market potential.
- Handling Bidding formalities including preparing bidding documents.
- Manage customer engagements like appointment, presentations, concepts notes, proposals, conducting and PoC etc, independently to create business opportunities .
Skill sets expected :
- Ability to understand choice of communication technologies available in the market and position Hughes satellite offerings for creating new opportunities.
- Flair of engaging with senior level officials (CIO /CXO and Govt equivalents) and ability to influence key decision makers.
- Dynamic, result oriented professional with strong analytic skills, highly motivated, ability to work independently as well as contributing in a team
- Experience of entire sales cycle from identification of opportunity to sales closure .
- Should have work experience in IT/ DTH/ Telecom/SATCOM industry providing turn key solutions
- Should have decent networking in IT, VSAT and Telecom domain in India.
- Should be a team player with good interpersonal skills to coordinate with internal team to meet the external client demands.
- Should be comfortable with demanding travel requirements of the profile.
- Proactive and entrepreneurial approach
- Bachelor in Engineering from a reputed Institute/University
- 8+ years of experience, At least 2-3 years in BD/ pre sale / sales profile