HSBC - Senior Business Analyst - Loan Transformation - Global Banking & Markets (1-9 yrs)
Business / Function: Global Banking and Markets
Role: Business Analyst
Location: India - Bangalore
HSBC is one of the world's largest banking and financial services organisations. We serve more than 37 million customers through four global businesses: Retail Banking and Wealth Management, Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Global Private Banking. Our network covers 70 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Africa, North America and Latin America.
With around 4,000 offices worldwide, we aim to be where the growth is, connecting customers to opportunities, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and ultimately helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
Global Banking is responsible for the overall management of relationships with major corporate and institutional clients across a broad range of geographies. This involves working closely with a variety of product specialists to deliver a comprehensive range of services such as treasury and capital markets, transaction banking, strategic advisory and investment management and the origination and ongoing management of the credit and lending product.
Global expertise is at the heart of the Banking business. Banking advises collective knowledge of global economies, sector, industries and institutions, coupled with the understanding of local markets and cultures worldwide, help to deliver innovative, integrated financial solutions to our clients.
Purpose of the Job:
This role is for a Senior Business Analyst (SBA) position in the Global Banking Extended eShare Centre of Excellence Team within Global Banking.
The SBA will be expected to support the Extended eShare platform acting as SME and central point of contact for operational queries from the business as well as undertaking central documentation searches to support global programmes or events
The SBA will also support the Global Product Owner with the future development of the Extended eShare platform covering Stakeholder Management, Requirements Analysis, Operating Model and Process Definition, Change Management and Implementation Management activities.
This is a diverse and challenging role.
- Responding to email queries from business users around use and adoption of the Extended eShare platform
- Act as lead point and conduct extensive global documentation searches in response to global programmes and events
Global Product Owner Support
- Maintain strong stakeholder relationships across GB user group
- Work with business stakeholders to identify emerging business requirements or opportunities improvements
- Support Global Product Owner to maintain and prioritise an active backlog of platform development
- Detailed business requirements analysis including; operating model definition & organisational design, business processes definition / re-engineering, controls and data mapping.
- Work with GB IT Team to analyse and refine detailed business requirement on JIRA
- Support GB IT Team during sprint development and testing
- Attend GB IT Team sprint ceremonies (daily scrum), acting as Product Owner representative
- Lead and coordinate user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Lead and coordinate business implementation activity including user communications and training, business readiness & governance and business checkout.
- Exposure to LIBOR - MI on o/s Exposures and quantitative targets for reduction.
- Understanding of loan products, ability to read loan documents & understand if the loan search result isn- t correct from internal database, identify contracts/section of contract to be amended.
- Comprehensive analysis with Base Case for planning.
- Analyse and manage the impact of any changing requirements or scope.
- Understand stakeholder needs and communicate to all stakeholders in a clear and timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal instructions (FIMs, GSMs, circulars), internal control standards and external regulatory requirements, including the management of operational risk and adherence to the Group's standards of ethical behaviour
1. This is a Global role across many countries, time zones and cultures.
2. Management of scope to ensure successful delivery.
ESSENTIAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS (Experience, skills, competencies etc)
- Good understanding of HSBC's GBM / CMB business model, sub-businesses, etc as well as critical issues impacting the business
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong relationship management capabilities
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders (including executives, managers, and subject matter experts).
- Communicates ideas, views, and concerns effectively and respectfully and actively participates in exchanges of ideas with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comprehensive experience in - Change the bank- initiatives and full project life cycle.
- Able to document both current and target operating models
- Expert in collecting and writing business requirements / user stories
- Able to run Global workshops with key stakeholders and elicit requirements effectively
- Ability to analyse and present business information in a meaningful manner so as to facilitate effective decision making
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- High attention to detail while completing tasks effectively and efficiently
- Able to support and/or run testing cycle to completion
- Evidence of designing business solutions that demonstrate clear business benefit
- Pro-active, highly adaptable with a can-do attitude
- Exposure and success working within a large matrix organization model.
- Able to work as part of a Global team and independently under minimal supervision.
- Able to develop effective Global networks by seeking out opportunities for collaboration
- Proven track of working closely with key business users
Technical / Software
- Microsoft Office suite (including Visio)
- Extensive knowledge of Extended eShare platform (will be provided)
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS (Experience, skills, competencies etc)
- Prior experience of delivering or supporting Global Banking business teams
- Experience of working with various Development Lifecycle Methodologies
- Exposure to Agile methodology
- Prior experience working within HSBC
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (KPIs, travel etc)
As this is a Global role, flexibility will be required to ensure that all time-zones can be covered.