HSBC - Senior Associate/Analyst - Global Research - Utilities Sector - CA/IIM/FMS/MDI/XLRI (0-5 yrs)
Business: Global Research
Role Title: Senior Associate / Analyst
Global Career Band: 6
Location: (Country/City) :Bangalore Shift
Why join us ? (Overview of Dept./Function)
HSBC Global Research is an independent research house with a strong focus on Emerging Markets (EMs). We have 350 analysts covering 1,900+ companies, 60+ economies, 45+ sovereigns rates and 50+ currencies globally. Our analysts, based out of 24 countries, are spread across Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Africa. With a particular focus on EMs, as well as climate change issues, we provide regular comment and analysis on topics including economics, currencies, fixed income and equities. Our goal is to generate unrivalled investment opportunities for our clients by sharing our insights and creating thought-provoking ideas.
The Opportunity: (Brief Overview of the Role)
Looking for an analyst at our Global Research Centre in Bangalore for a role in the Utilities team, with excellent financial research skills involving writing, modelling and allied analytical capabilities.
What you'll do: (List out Key Responsibilities)
- Company models: maintaining/overhauling existing ones and building new ones
- Source industry and company data and creates/maintain systems to store and distribute such data
- Monitor news and events and keeps the European team appraised of new developments
- Respond quickly to urgent demands for information/analysis, working extended hours as required
- Conduct financial analysis and communicate it through effective written research
- Write research and key reports for external/internal use, Internal presentations on investment views on sector/companies
What you will need to succeed in the role: (Minimum Qualification and Skills Required)
Master degree in business management is preferable but not a must
- Advanced financial modelling and valuation
- Working knowledge of data sources such as Bloomberg, Refinitiv, CEIC
- Strong analytical and communication skills
What additional skills will be good to have? (List out good to have skills and certifications)
- CA/MBA in Finance from top tier institutes with 0-3 years of experience in financial research in the Utilities sector
- Diligent, organized and should be able to work in a team
- Proficient at using MS Excel and MS word; database skills an advantage
The information contained in this job description is a true and accurate reflection of the job as specified.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.