Recruitment Team at HSBC
Views:3367 Applications:223 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
HSBC - Project Manager - Wholesale Risk Transformation (9-12 yrs)
Role Purpose :
- Global Transformation Project Managers plan, mobilise and direct projects of medium to high complexity and scale from definition to closure. They are typically responsible for the end to end delivery of a single project or workstream of a larger project or programme, proactively balancing scope, schedule, budget, risks, outcomes and benefits.
- Projects can be standalone or form part of a programme. They are responsible for deploying the Business Transformation Frameworks (BTF) and Agile methodologies within their project. They work closely with Programme Managers, Senior Project Managers and Global PMO to ensure alignment of their project with the wider change portfolio and the Group Strategy, Values and Behaviors.
- Project Managers may support 'small changes' by providing oversight and guidance to multiple smaller initiatives within a priority market.
- The current role is for the Glocal Risk Analytics Transformation team within Risk Transformation, and is specifically focused on Wholesale Credit andTraded Risk analytics.
- The role holder will need to demonstrate knowledge on :
a) the Traded risk side, knowledge of market risk/counterparty credit risk, including understanding of data used, metrics, regulations (eg: FRTB) and some knowledge of individual asset classes (IR/FX, CR, EQ etc).
b) the Wholesale Credit risk side, knowledge of the various types of models used within wholesale credit risk including PD, LGD, EAD, IFRS9, Stress Testing, etc, good understanding of the Basel 2/3 frameworks, regulatory impact of models, typical model built processes and specific knowledge of credit rating systems and processes.
Role Responsibilities :
- Plan effectively around delivery constraints and optimises the plan to maximise benefits and minimise risk. Develops the plan within constraints, considering the delivery approach, key milestones and dependencies within the plan, requirements and scope, effort and resources, budgets and quality.
- Ensures the baselined scope, requirements, benefits, schedule and budget are managed as outlined in Business Transformation Frameworks.. Identifies and intervenes where there is slippage and variance from plan.
- Proactively monitors project execution to effectively identify risks/issues/dependencies as they arise throughout the project lifecycle. Takes ownership of critical issues and ensures resolution within agreed timescales and implements mitigating plans against identified risks and issues. Escalates when needed to the Programme Manager (remaining calm, knowing when to escalate, and escalates with possible solutions).
- Collaborates and builds positive stakeholder relationships providing regular updates to resolve high priority issues affecting the project
- Obtains buy-in from the project sponsor, Steering Committee and other stakeholders for all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, quality assurance plans, budget, schedule, and scope changes
- Analyses management reports, and derives insights from it to drive the right business decisions
- Sets the pace and operating rhythm, driving a culture of change
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications :
- Excellent understanding of the project lifecycle
- Relevant experience of 9 to 12 years
- Strong understanding of Business Transformation Frameworks, Agile methodologies and best practice techniques
- Understanding of credit or market risk domain is essential
- Strong understanding on Wholesale Credit Risk domain - such as various types of models (PD / LGD / EAD) .. understanding of Basel 2/3 frameworks is essential
- Prior experience on Traded Risk or counterparty credit risk, including metrics used & some knowledge of asset classes such as IR / FX, CR, EQ is highly desired
- Examples of the delivery of on time and on budget projects that achieve business case stated outcomes - a driver with bias towards delivery at pace and controlling project outcomes
- In depth experience of working in a banking environment and change projects - on credit risk / market risk domain is mandatory
- Stakeholder management experience, especially impactful communication, influencing and running project governance Implementation, change management and benefits realization
- Implementation, change management and benefits realization