Recruitment Team at HSBC
Views:543 Applications:107 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
HSBC - Financial Planning Models Manager (8-20 yrs)
The Wealth proposition and Wealth products represent one of the most critical capabilities and pillars to fulfill RBWM customers- financial needs as well as fully deliver HSBC's capabilities to the full benefits of our clients.
The establishment and maintenance of a comprehensive Financial Planning framework and relevant Products and Service offering for our Wealth qualifying clients is critical to achieve RBWMs priorities in the coming years. The use of robust models to drive the right customer outcomes in the financial planning and product service offering
The Person will be managing key Financial Planning and Advice models like Client Risk Profiling Models, Simulation models and other models relating to advice and suitability. The role holder will also act as a SME to support the Centre of Reference for Product Risk Rating (PRR CoR).
The role is global in nature and supports all the RBWM markets. A global job role ensures consistency in the financial planning framework and approach across markets. The complexity of the business requires development and usage of global models like Product Risk Rating and Risk Tolerance Questionnaires, as well as global oversight on key projects.
Prior to development of the Enhanced Product Risk Rating methodology, risk rating of products was done in a decentralised manner by individual markets, without adequate group-level ability to enforce/monitor consistency and accuracy of results. The PRR CoR was set up to centralise the process, and enable adoption of the new approach across the group. The complexity of planning and monitoring risk rating of 1000s of products across 24 markets and multiple product categories, with dependencies on local and global governance calendars requires specialised expertise in areas of Business Analysis and Project Management.
The job holder will also have the responsibility of ensuring strong governance built around the models deployed in the Financial Planning process. The job holder will be responsible for continuous reviewing and enhancing of the Client risk Profiling methodology, and end to end Financial Planning models (e.g. simulators, in-built risk analytics, and product mapping models).
This is a key role in the Global Financial Planning team which will be based out of the team in Bangalore.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
- Support the PRR CoR function in development and maintenance of methodology templates and frameworks
- Ensure that FP Models are fit for purpose, well governed and reviewed frequently
- Ensure that FP models are best in class and are following industry best practice e.g. client risk profiling methods
- Development of Model governance framework for Financial Planning models
- Preparation of papers for governance bodies
- Act as a model SME for Financial Planning models
Customer & Stakeholder
- Manage aspects of FP Models to maximise revenue whilst still delivering on the customer values of fairness and simplicity
- FP Models developed and reviewed with clear revenue models to ensure appropriate levels of risk/reward
- Countries deliver the propositions to target customers but Group approval is required to ensure Group service standards, products and processing.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Role holder has to be an effective communicator who sets good standards for others of personal accountability and proactivity.
- Seek appropriate feedback and insight from stakeholders to ensure a culture of constant improvement is built into the culture of the team.
- Negotiation and influencing senior stakeholders on a global basis
- Able to provide strong support to wider team members acting as model SME
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications (For the role - not the role holder. Minimum requirements of the role.)
- Relevant professional qualifications mandatory - CFA charter holder or pursuing
- Very strong mathematical and analytics skills
- Post-Degree level education
- Experience in investment products a must. Sound investment knowledge and ability to drive business decisions.
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills - Both verbal and written
- Culturally sensitive and understanding of local customer needs
- Able to influence, engage and lead in a positive, inspiring manner
- Excellent relationship building and senior stakeholder management skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word)
- Experience of model management preferred