HSBC - Equity Research Analyst - Transport/Leisure/Travel Sector - CA/IIM/ISB/MDI/FMS (2-4 yrs)
Job description :
Looking for Equity Research Analysts at our Global Research Centre in Bangalore, with excellent financial research skills involving writing, modelling and allied analytical capabilities to support our onshore analysts (sell-side) spread across geographies.
Key Responsibilities :
- Creating, maintaining and updating financial models of coverage companies
- Making meaningful contribution to company reports, sector notes and thematic research with guidance from onshore counterparts.
- Undertaking primary research for key thematic reports
- Monitoring news and events and keeps global team appraised of new developments
- Tracking and analysing regulatory changes and their impact on the sector
- Building and updating industry databases
- Managing, compiling and responding to internal and external client requests.
- Working on global products for the team
- Developing and maintaining client marketing and presentation materials
Key skills :
- Sound knowledge of financial statement analysis and security valuation methodologies like DCF, relative valuations etc.
- Proficiency with financial research tools such as Bloomberg, Datastream, FactSet
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with attention to details
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills with ability to perform data analysis
- Good data management and analysis skills; should be comfortable with maintaining and updating existing models and databases.
- CA\MBA in Finance from top tier institutes with 2-4 years of experience in financial research(Transport, Leisure, Travel Sector)
- Any progress towards CFA\FRM would be an advantage