HSBC - Equity Research Analyst (1-4 yrs)
Business: Global Research
Role Title: Analyst
Location: (Country/City) : Bangalore
Why join us? (Overview of Dept./Function) :
HSBC Global Research is an independent research house with a strong focus on Emerging Markets (EMs). We have 350 analysts covering 1,900+ companies, 60+ economies, 45+ sovereigns- rates and 50+ currencies globally. Our analysts, based out of 24 countries, are spread across Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Africa. With a particular focus on EMs, as well as climate change issues, we provide regular comment and analysis on topics including economics, currencies, fixed income and equities. Our goal is to generate unrivalled investment opportunities for our clients by sharing our insights and creating thought-provoking ideas.
The Opportunity: (Brief Overview of the Role)
Looking for Equity Research Analysts at our Global Research Centre in Bangalore for the various sector teams (Financials, Industrials, Oil & Gas and Telecom), with excellent financial research skills involving writing, modelling and allied analytical capabilities to support our onshore analysts (sell-side) spread across geographies.
What you'll do: (List out Key Responsibilities) :
- Creating, maintaining and updating financial models of coverage companies
- Making meaningful contribution to company reports, sector notes and thematic research with guidance from onshore counterparts.
- Undertaking primary research for key thematic reports
- Monitoring news and events and keeps global team appraised of new developments
- Tracking and analysing regulatory changes and their impact on the sector
- Building and updating industry databases
- Managing, compiling and responding to internal and external client requests.
- Working on global products for the team
- Developing and maintaining client marketing and presentation materials
- Tracks changes in contacts at key clients and communicate it in a timely manner
- Explore new mediums to deliver financial research content
- Engage closely with the group management to communicate new ideas of client serving by distilling large amounts of information into key themes
- Effectively present the outputs of analysis to analysts / teams
- Managing, compiling and responding to internal and external requests
What you will need to succeed in the role: (Minimum Qualification and Skills Required)
Skills required :
- Sound knowledge of financial statement analysis and security valuation methodologies like DCF, relative valuations etc.
- Proficiency with financial research tools such as Bloomberg, Datastream, FactSet
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with attention to details
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills with ability to perform data analysis
- Good data management and analysis skills; should be comfortable with maintaining and updating existing models and databases.
What additional skills will be good to have? (List out good to have skills and certifications) :
- CA\MBA in Finance from top tier institutes with 1-3 years of experience in financial research in the following sectors - Financials, Industrials, Oil & Gas and Telecom.
- Any progress towards CFA\FRM would be an advantage
The information contained in this job description is a true and accurate reflection of the job as specified.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.