HSBC - Business Analyst - Global Banking (1-3 yrs)
Global Banking - Business Analyst
Role Purpose :
- This role is for a Business Analyst (BA) position within Global Banking and will be working on various aspects of Basel III Reform Programme. This could be spread across a number of different projects (or work streams) that are running concurrently and at different stages of their project lifecycle delivery.
The BA will be expected to support the Programme / Project Manager and take a lead role covering Requirements Management, Operating Model Development, Organisation Design, Change Management and Implementation Management activities. They will be expected to facilitate, guide others, perform data analysis and mapping activities, complete various project documentation and present findings / recommendations to Senior Stakeholders and small groups.
This is a diverse and challenging role.
Job Responsibilities :
- Business Requirement gathering and traceability across the project lifecycle.
- Work with the Business SMEs to understand the business problem provided in the business requirements and definition of expected outcomes.
- Operating Model definition and Organizational Design.
- Business processes definition / re-engineering, controls and data mapping.
- Support design & development, testing and UAT - acts as an owner of the requirements within the project team.
- Define the impacts of proposed change on the business teams in terms of people, process and technology impacts to the business operating model, articulate the impacts to business leaders and help plan the activity to be ready to change.
- Lead or Support pilot and implementations, this includes readiness / countdown activities such as communications, training / education, systems access, documentation storage, success criteria definition and measurements.
- Analyse and manage the impact of any changing requirements or scope.
- Operate within a peer review environment to ensure the quality of deliverables
- Understand stakeholder needs and communicate to all stakeholders in a clear and timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal instructions (FIMs, GSMs, circulars), internal control standards and external regulatory requirements, including the management of operational risk and adherence to the Group's standards of ethical behavior
ESSENTIAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS :
Essential Knowledge :
- Understanding of end-to-end credit process and hands-on experience with limit management / credit risk systems within a wholesale or commercial banking environment
- Understanding of collateral management within a wholesale or commercial banking environment (highly desirable)
- Experience of working with a combination of Relationship Bankers, Credit Risk, Regulatory Reporting, and Finance teams globally (within a wholesale or commercial banking environment)
Essential Skills :
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong relationship management capabilities
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders (including executives, managers, and subject matter experts).
- Communicates ideas, views, and concerns effectively and respectfully and actively participates in exchanges of ideas with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Project disciplines :
- Comprehensive experience in - Change the bank- initiatives and full project life cycle.
- Able to document both current and target operating models
- Expert in collecting and writing business requirements / user stories
- Able to run Global workshops with key stakeholders and elicit requirements effectively
- Translates ideas into concrete work activities / work breakdown structures
- Able to support and/or run testing cycle to completion
- Contributes to improvements through innovative solutions, approaches, products or services.
- Evidence of designing business solutions that demonstrate clear business benefit
Team working :
- Pro-active, highly adaptable with a can-do attitude
- Exposure and success working within a large matrix organization model.
- Able to work as part of a Global team and independently under minimal supervision.
- Able to develop effective Global networks by seeking out opportunities for collaboration
- Proven track of working closely with key business users
Technical / Software :
- Microsoft Office suite (including Visio)
- Microsoft SQL
- Able to work with large dataset, document findings (for example data quality issues) and propose solutions