Recruitment Team at HSBC
Views:1117 Applications:148 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
HSBC - AVP - Control Expert - Wholesale Clients & Account Servicing (8-10 yrs)
Purpose of the role:
- This role is part of the Chief Control Office (CCO) within HSBC Operations, Services & Technology (HOST). The Chief Control Office is part of the 1st Line of Defense. It oversees the holistic end-to-end health of the control environment; provides a forward looking view on risk and controls; drives effective design and implementation of controls; and monitors, advises and challenges control owners on how they are managing their risk. It seeks to apply innovative and forward thinking solutions to risk management in the first line, helping control owners to proactively manage their risks.
- The core focus of the role is supporting, advising and challenging the management of Wholesale Clients & Account Servicing to ensure that their risks are understood and well controlled. The role includes analyzing the performance of the control environment, performing deep dive thematic reviews to identify weaknesses and designing new or modified controls to remediate these weaknesses.
1. Essential Requirements:
- Clear understanding of operational risk and how it is managed
- Knowledge of large scale business processes (within banking or other industries) and the risks inherent in these processes
- Intellectually curious and inquisitive
- Able to analyse and interpret complex and varied information to generate insight - and then use this insight to develop concise and actionable conclusions and recommendations.
- Able to develop creative solutions to difficult problems
- Able to pro-actively identify and resolve issues with minimal supervision
- Strong relationship management, collaboration and influencing skills with experience of positive, challenging interactions with senior management.
2. Desired Requirements:
- Detailed understanding of Banking Operations or Wholesale Operations and the regulatory environment in which it operates.
- Knowledge of commercial banking products and services; knowledge of investment banking products and services
- Understanding of risk/control frameworks and risk polices
- Knowledge of best practice in risk management
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Operating effectively in a complex, global organization
- Experience of managing operational risk
- Experience of designing and implementing process controls