HSBC - Associate - Global Markets Control Office (5-10 yrs)
Associate - Global Markets, Bangalore
The Global Markets Control Office is an extension of the COO Office and partners businesses in the embedding, remediation and improvement of the control environment with respect to key risks to Markets and BSM businesses. HSBC Markets is one of the largest markets businesses of its kind, with twenty four hour coverage and local knowledge. Given the size and complexity of the business, senior management require a dedicated team that can be promptly mobilised to support regulatory orders and remediation. Regulations, and regulatory expectations of the business continue to evolve. This requires both evolution of process and controls, and reviews of past activity.
Job Responsibility :
- Initial scoping of programmes, agreement of objectives and estimation of timelines/resourcing in conjunction with senior business management;
- Collate documents, data and associated MI to support an assessment of the design and operating effectiveness of the controls in place to mitigate/ manage the identified risks. The assessment will take into consideration HSBC policies;
- Work with traders and infrastructure staff to agree improvements to address gaps identified during the assessment process;
- Work with Sales and Trading stakeholders and the appropriate infrastructure teams, including Technology, to define an implementation plan and determine how the implementation can be optimized and/ or phased to put effective controls in place efficiently.
- Identify appropriate technology solutions to enhance control and determine where interim tactical solutions are required;
- Draft clear and concise procedures which provide effective guidance for sales and trading and design training to communicate and reinforce procedure change.
- Ensure all assessment, design and implementation activities engage an appropriate and complete set of stakeholders across relevant product groups and supporting infrastructure functions and are performed within the defined scope of the programme and support its objectives;
- Actively identify, assess and manage risks and issues that are relevant to achievement of set objectives;
- Manage and/or support the business in implementation of agreed improvements
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications (For the role - not the role holder. Minimum requirements of the role.)
- Business Analyst/PM experience (at least 5 years relevant experience in IB Front Office environment);
- Evidence of a successful track record delivering change in a IB Front Office environment;
- IB Sales & Trading experience including an understanding of conflicts of interest, trading controls, control frameworks, risk management & regulatory demands;
- Has experience of delivering non-technology driven as well as technology driven change;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent written skills and experience of drafting policies and procedures;
- Good communication skills and ability to operate at multiple levels;
- Attention to detail;
- Has experience of managing senior stakeholders and ability to build strong relationships;
- Collaborative style with ability to quickly build trust and credibility;
- Good understanding of project management and business analysis best practices, methodologies and the project lifecycle
- Strong delivery focus.
- IB Sales & Trading experience including an understanding of conflicts of interest, trading controls, control frameworks, risk management & regulatory demands
- Able to multi-task and prioritize;
- Can do attitude with a willingness to roll-up the sleeves in order to get things done;
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business activities associated with the role, specifically HSBC Bank PLC internal controls and compliance policies and manuals.