HSBC - Associate - Equity Research (2-5 yrs)
Role overview: As part of the Global Research team based in Bangalore, the Equity Research Associate will work closely with the global teams in producing high quality research of a designated geography and sector. The associate will be involved in developing industry expertise/insights, analyzing data, building models, writing research reports and generating investment ideas to assist our institutional clients.
- Build and maintain financial models.
- Develop strong company and industry knowledge.
- Carry out analysis on market share, macro trend, and cross-company and sub-sector data.
- Conduct statistical analysis of economic data, fundamentals, and relevant correlations of data.
- Attend companies' conference calls and produce briefing notes.
- Prepare/update periodical reports and marketing presentations.
- Update and maintain daily valuation sheets.
- Assist in writing research reports and preparing responses to client requests and inquiries.
- MBA from a reputed BSchool or a CA/CFA with 2-5 years of work experience in an equity research firm.
- Working knowledge of data sources such as Bloomberg, Datastream, CEIC
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in understanding of financial statements, financial models and valuation methodologies (e.g., DCF, relative valuation).
- Strong verbal / written communication with the ability to articulate ideas and thoughts in a structured manner.
- Ability to build positive relationships and communicate with global partners.
- Should be a result oriented, hardworking, dedicated individual who can work independently with a strong ownership of tasks, and deliver on time with a high level of integrity, attention to detail, and a sense of urgency.