Recruitment Team at HSBC
Views:763 Applications:137 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
HSBC - Assistant Vice President - Stress Testing (10-15 yrs)
- Wholesale Credit and Market Risk (WMR) department within Risk function measures and monitors global credit and market risks arising from lending and trading activities as well as providing credit approval for large corporate, financial institution and sovereign exposures.
- The Stress Testing team within WMR ensures that stress testing is implemented across the group in line with best practice for the purpose of (i) risk management, (ii) compliance with the Basel II/III regulatory framework and (iii) meeting enterprise-wide stress testing needs. One of the primary objectives of this team is to ensure that stress testing is executed consistently across three risk types: market risk, counterparty risk and wholesale credit risk. The scope of the team is both the trading and the banking books.
- The role requires supporting the ownership and accountability on some of the key elements of the stress testing framework along with managing a team working on similar deliverables. This includes: (i) providing methodology guidance to the local sites with the support of the Group methodology team (RRA), (ii) consolidating results, (iii) delivering analysis to Senior Management and (iv) ensuring that stress testing is meeting the demands of the front office and regulators.
More specifically the responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- Risk management: Help senior members of the team form a judgment on the appropriateness of positions vs. risk appetite using stress results computed by numerous teams across the Group. Help risk appetite definition. Transform Senior Management strategy and questions into practical stress testing approach to improve risk-reward decisions. Take initiatives to develop innovative solutions
- Regulation and methodology: Contribute and take part of the responsibility for ensuring that stressed risk measures are in line with best practice and meet regulatory requirements.
- Expertise: Be part of the team that is the main point of contact in WMR for stress testing questions coming from local regions, other teams and regulators. Drive the incentive and provide directions to the local sites so that (i) stress testing is used appropriately by risk managers for decision making, (ii) vulnerabilities in the portfolio are well understood by senior management.
- People Management: Lead & guide a team of individuals working on various aspects of wholesale credit risk measurement, analysis & reporting for the HBAP portfolio.
Knowledge & Experience:
- University degree and/or post graduate qualification with a relevant quantitative content.
- Previous relevant experience in credit risk management.
- Previous exposure to large projects involving technical IT considerations.
- Understanding of risk management techniques across a diverse portfolio of assets.
- Understanding of financial products including derivatives, macro-economics, econometrics and financial markets.
- Strong knowledge of financial markets and business principles.
- Good people management skills.
- Good communication skills (oral and written) are essential. Ability to articulate complex ideas in a clear manner.
- Ability to make decisions quickly.
- Self-starter, who can think proactively. Demonstrate the ability to learn abstract concepts and to operate effectively against uncertainty and on unfamiliar ground.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate with a various range of stakeholders including technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to prioritize effectively and meet tight deadlines when required.
- Able to interact effectively with senior management.