HSBC - Assistant Vice President - Regulatory Business Support (8-13 yrs)
Role Purpose :
- Business Services includes activities for GBM to onboard a client and/or product, review, renew, maintain or exit a client for all products and countries within scope.
- The Regulatory Business Support team offers client and business support for all regulations on behalf GBM & CMB including client outreach, implementing new processes, ongoing assurance and owning accurate regulatory classifications
- The initial requirements of the role will vary from location to location however the main purpose of the role is consistent:
- Give visibility of the regulatory process within a location to key stakeholders, including information about alignment with HSBC's policies and controls
- Build alignment of the regulatory new business processes in line with client management process as required in the specific location
- Provide the single point of contact for regulatory activity and SME support for upcoming regulations
- The Regulatory Business Support AVP will be the key point of contact for the Onboarding team, Relationship Manager and for the Client Manager within CMG from a regulatory perspective. They will be aware of all regulatory activity in progress on behalf of a client and be able to update stakeholders as required.
- The Regulatory Business support team works closely with GBM RM's and Business Services functions to pro-actively communicate internally and externally, and manage clients to adhere within agreed timeframes. Taking ownership of regulatory queries and resolving any issues. Ensuring transparency and regular communication and updates to key stakeholders.
- The Regulatory Business Support AVP will also direct the Global team. They will be accountable for working closely with all functional teams to ensure priorities are aligned and that regulatory requirements can be met across the end to end process.
- Very strong emphasis on ability to build effective relationships with both internal and external clients / stakeholders to expedite resolution of regulatory issues and work to manage clients for various regulatory deadlines such as EMIR, DFA, FATCA and MIFID II etc.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications :
- 8+ years of relevant experience in regulatory compliance
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Finance, Compliance or related field (preferred)
- Knowledge of LEAN, Six Sigma principles, Agile and DevOps methodology and project management principles
- Strong business knowledge and a working knowledge of onboarding and the products that are utilized but with the ability to gather SME's when required to fill the skill gaps; Strong knowledge of the regulations and regulatory requirements
- Gravitas and experience to drive the required outcomes in any given situation, engaging with Sales, RM, Client and internally to achieve completion and monetise the onboarding pipeline
- Fully engaged with the Client Management team for their sector / Sub-sector - co-location is key to enable quick and easy conversations when new requirements come in with the most appropriate people
- Commercially aware - understands the drivers behind the on-boarding requirement and the value to the bank of what is being requested and uses this knowledge to proactively manage the prioritisation, enabling function to align and deliver their activities
- Strong organisation skills, able to manage a large number of activities at any one time; able to internalise activity in order to manage the complexity
- Solid and proven relevant work experience (supporting Relationship Managers, Sales or working in an operational middle office or client facing support function and focus on fund managers, hedge funds and complex products), within the banking / financial services industry.-
- Exceptionally effective communicators able to build strong relationships with Client Manager, RM, RM Associates and the Client and provide transparency of regulatory activity required
- Results focused individuals - driving the customer outcomes based on knowledge of the client outcomes and with expertise of the onboarding process
- Analytical and lateral thinker with strong leadership and people management capabilities
- Excellent client service skills