HSBC - Assistant Vice President - Global Markets Treasury (7-13 yrs)
Group Entity: Global Markets
Role Title AVP - Global Markets Treasury
Role Purpose (overall high-level summary of the role)
This role is for an AVP position within Global Markets Treasury, Bangalore and will entail leading and working on various aspects of Financial Resource Management including and not limited to Liquidity, Capital, Funding, Leverage, Sales supporting all Global Markets Business. This could be spread across a number of different sites, regions and projects
This is a diverse and challenging role.
- Leading and driving various project initiatives in Bangalore through proactive collaboration with various stakeholders both within and outside GM.
- Building and raising the profile of GM Trsy in Bangalore. The role will initially cover balance sheet analytics and Sales MI and then building out that team's capability to establish a mature business partnering setup
- Working with the Markets treasury and capital functions across all asset classes to ensure that the business manage the balance sheet in an efficient manner, and balance sheet utilization is accurately tracked
- Leading delivery of accurate liquidity, funding and leverage exposure information to Markets senior management
- Streamline, automate and optimize data gathering, extraction, and generation of insightful analysis to meet stakeholder requirements using Technological solutions such as PYTHON, TABLEAU, Qlikview, Qliksense etc..
- Driving effective balance sheet management across all regions based on asset/liability returns/costs, and overseeing the implementation of the ALCM funding framework across Global Markets products- pricing
- Working with the Markets Treasury function to help manage GM's Funding Mandate with BSM
- Managing Global Markets- interaction with legal entities- ALCM in a controlled process to optimize the use of the local entities- balance sheet
- Discovering capacity (or constraints) to manage and absorb key business initiatives
- Lead conversations in working with both the onshore and Bangalore Markets teams to provide strong client analytics to support the growth of the Sales business
- Ensuring that the drivers of Sales performance are understood, monitored, controlled and accurately reported
- Work closely with the Sales COO teams to ensure appropriate monitoring of KPIs.
- Demonstrate good understanding and ensure adherence to the agreed model and assumptions when reviewing GM LP/recharge
- Key activities and decision-making areas Typical KPIs and Targets
Impact on the Business :
- Be the key Finance point of contact for the Global Markets Sales senior management for both ICG and Corporate clients.
- Working directly with Sales team in each region to support client-level decisions with informed and accurate MI.
- Ownership and management of regular and ad-hoc analysis, and explanation of business performance to senior management.
- Lead delivery of forward-looking insights to business colleagues to help inform decisions.
- Lead regular analysis of trends and performance against targets, across a range of metrics.
- Develop within the team the technical, system and product knowledge to build effective MI as desired based on management objectives and resolve queries on the MI.
- Initiate, lead and deliver on comprehensive streamlined MI meeting stakeholder requirements with quick turnaround times
- Quality analysis and review to fully explain the reported results.
- Detailed business and product knowledge to understand the business needs and deliver the relevant information and analysis as required.
Customers / Stakeholders :
Be proactive and build relationships with the following key stakeholders:
- Markets front office and senior management
- CMB and RBWM senior management and CFO teams
- Product and Regional CFO teams
- Regional Sales teams
- Evidence that the job holder has taken initiative, anticipated events, looked for added involvement and responsibility in specific cases and provided solutions.
- Evidence that the job holder has sought to understand stakeholders' needs, the business requirements and is able to negotiate/prioritise to a satisfactory conclusion where there are competing goals.
Leadership & Teamwork :
- Develop close and collaborative working relationships with business partners and other Finance teams (e.g. Regional Sales Teams, site finance).
- Develop the offshore team through improving the relationships, as well as the business /product knowledge and underlying processes
- Feedback on effectiveness from team members
- Feedback from stakeholders/business partners on communication effectiveness
- Have a rolling training and replacement program in place.
- Have regular sessions with the Off-shore teams
Operational Effectiveness & Control :
- Ensure systems and processes are monitored and developed on an ongoing basis to ensure high quality and accurate MI is delivered.
- Eliminate errors on reports sent out
- Ensure compliance with the Markets FIM (but also highlight where changes are required)
- Internal Control Objective
- Integrity, conduct and performance against ethical standards
- Ensure adequate controls are in place to ensure risks to systems and processes are mitigated. In the event of control weakness, ensure these are identified and actioned.
- Ensure appropriate review and control procedures are in place
- Periodic internal audit reviews will determine whether the team is in full compliance with the Markets FIM
- To maintain the HSBC internal control standards including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, together with any issues raised by senior management or external regulators.
- To act with a high level of integrity, conduct and performance against ethical standards. All employees should exemplify the highest standards of personal and professional ethics in all aspects of our business and comply fully with the spirit and the letter of the laws, rules and practices that govern the HSBC group globally. Key business values that support this include
a) The highest personal standards of integrity at all levels;
b) Commitment to the truth and fair dealing;
c) Openly esteemed commitment to quality and competence;
d) Adherence to the HSBC code of conduct
- To understand in full the role currently held by the individual and the expectations HSBC holds in regards to this role.
Experience, Skills, Values, Abilities :
(D)esirable; (E)ssential :
- In-depth end-to-end understanding of the Product Area-specific business strategy, model and day to day operational processes (E)
- Operational planning & financial analysis experience (> 5 yrs) (D)
- Management of disparate Global teams, functions and individuals (D)
- Proactive diverse stakeholder management (>5 yrs) (E)
- Database management tools such as PYTHON, TABLEAU, SQL, MS ACCESS with proven project delivery (E).
- Commercial focus - thorough understanding of sector business issues (E)
- Excellent financial analysis & problem-solving skills (E)
- Ability to influence decisions and work to tight deadlines (E)
- Strong customer/stakeholder focus (E)
- Effective negotiation skills (E)
- Leadership - in depth people management and development skills (D)
- Excellent interpersonal skills - good team player (E)
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) (E)
- IT literacy (MS OFFICE Proficiency, Database management tools such as PYTHON, TABLEAU, SQL, MS Access) (E)
Values (E) :
- Integrity & ethics
- Strives for accuracy, timeliness & consistency of business results
Abilities (E) :
- Enthusiastic, Eager to learn about business, its challenges, constraints, Strategic thinker who understands the drivers of business performance at both a macro and detailed level
- Effective communicator & influencer across a diverse customer and peer group - Sales, Trading, GM Management, Group Finance, synergy partners (CMB, RBWM etc), Operations, IT
- Awareness and understanding of market developments/regulatory changes and the potential impact/opportunity on profitability and capital usage
- Results-oriented with a focus on risk and issues and stakeholder requirements.
- Is able to plan ahead to ensure continued delivery with a progressive outlook.
- Escalates issues timely and performs root cause analysis.
- Anticipate and plan for feedback, expected stakeholder requirements and proactively discuss ideas proposals and implement them.