HSBC - Assistant Vice President/Chief Control Office - Market Operations - Risk Assessment Function - (10-16 yrs)
Chief Control Office (CCO) is an internal risk and control management function primarily responsible for ensuring that risks in Markets Operations are being managed within risk appetite. It is a global, and cross asset-class, function that works closely with Global and Line Operations management in ensuring that our key controls are adequate in mitigating our material risks. The function is broadly responsible for evaluating risks, monitoring, reviewing, and testing both the design and operation of key controls, driving consistency of the internal control framework across locations where there is a Global Markets Operations (GMO) presence, ensuring adherence to risk & control policies, reinforcing control culture and directing control awareness activities, and ensuring that Operations management are accountable for their risks and taking action on a timely basis to remediate.
This is a position which reports into the Operational Hubs Head of Risk Assessment of CCO for Markets Operations.
The Risk Assessment (RA) function is a subset of Markets Operations CCO and is required to manage the effective performance of the Risk Assurance reviews for Markets Operations that forms part of the overall Operational Risk mandate. The AVP for CCO RA will be required to ensure that these are implemented regionally in Operational Hubs or locations for which they will have accountability for. The role will provide appropriate leadership to the other Risk Assessment Managers in India.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree in banking / financial / management / business administration / accounting exposure
- Working knowledge of Global Markets processes and trade lifecycle would be advantageous
- Risk professional with at least 10+ years- combined experience in Banking Operations/Back Office Operations, Global Markets business (FX, Fixed Income and Equities), Operational Risk, Compliance or External/Internal Audit in a banking environment required
- Subject matter expert in Operational risk and control
- Analytical mind with Excellent judgment and decision making skills to identify exceptions in process handling.
- Detailed knowledge of Markets Operations and the product-specific trade lifecycle.
- Ability to drive out details and question procedures employed to deliver quality services.
- Understanding of the key control points and risk inherent in the trade lifecycle
- Organized, adaptable and self-driven to achieve collective information both formally and informally from Subject Matter Experts.
- Excellent relationship builder with strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and exacting standards.
- Ability to present information and recommendations to senior stakeholders
- Leadership skills with the ability to build rapport with and relate to and effectively develop a wide range of people
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.