HSBC - Analyst/Senior Analyst - Equity Strategy (1-4 yrs)
Group Entity: Global Banking and Markets
Role Title Analyst / Senior Analyst
Business/Function & Location: (Country/Department) Global Research, Bangalore GBMC (part of GBM)
Job Description : Looking for a candidate to work with HSBC Global Research's equity strategy team
Individual contributor role:
- Domain Knowledge: Has a good understanding of local equity indices/benchmarks and GICS/ICB sectors. Knowledge on Asian/ASEAN stock markets would be added advantage
- Modelling: Able to create extensive models that can handle huge data sets using quantitative techniques and should be able to draw insights.
- Idea generation: Able to generate a theme based on the current macro-economic scenarios and its implications.
- Reports writing: Independently perform detailed analysis and should be able to give recommendation on the countries/sectors. Should be able to articulate thoughts in a report. Writes research reports which are clear, consistent, and non-consensual and supported by facts and analysis.
- Client requests: Should handle bespoke client requests
- Adhoc projects: Work on adhoc requests which include data gathering/analysis, preparation of marketing presentations etc
- Contribute to department and center level priorities with own initiative
- Ensure compliance - Both Global Research and GBM-GSC related with anticipation and proactiveness
Qualifications: MBA / CA / CFA or equivalent degree in finance
- Strong domain knowledge on equity markets and understanding of GICS/ICB sectors
- Strong technical skills are required in the following areas: a) analyzing countries/sector by doing cross sectional and time series analysis, b) advanced financial modelling, c) writing research reports
- Strong technical skills in time series analysis and data analytics
- Good working understanding of financials databases that includes Bloomberg, FactSet, Datastream and CEIC
- Hands on experience in advanced MS excel and VBA would be plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Hands on experience in time series analysis using Python/R
- Ability to work independently; comfortable in dealing with huge data sets
- Flexible approach to workload and demands of the role
- Minimum 3-4 years of equity strategy related experience with quants background
- Should have domain expertise in handling a financial role and large client requests
- Should have managed product quality, handled multiple stakeholders
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.