HSBC - Analyst - Investment Banking/Strategic Transaction Group (1-4 yrs)
Project Investment Banking
Document Job Description
About the Company
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organizations in the world having an international network comprises over 6,100 offices in 72 countries and territories in Europe, the Asia-Pacific region, the Americas, the Middle East and Africa
Global Banking & Markets
Global Banking and markets (GBM) provides tailored financial services to the large corporate and institutional clients across the globe covering a broad spectrum of Transaction Banking, M&A, Derivatives, Debt & Equity Financing, Research, etc
Strategic Transaction Group
Global Service Centers
Identifies, structures and executes a range of transactions for corporate, financial institutions and governments. Transactions include mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, spin-offs, split-offs, issuance of equity or debt capital
The GBM Service Centers provide operational analytical support to the business areas and functions within GBM. GBM service centers more than 5,000 member strong and consists of a network of offshore centers based across Bangalore, Colombo, Guangzhou, Kuala Lumpur, Kolkata, Krakow and Manila.
The incumbent will be required to work extensively in an integrated team environment with global investment banking professionals on ideas, pitch books and presentations across sectors and countries
- Focus on supporting origination and execution of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) assignments, divestitures, financial restructurings and associated financing solutions
- Support the deal team by performing financial valuation; delivered through our coordinated coverage and global-local infrastructure
- Acquire in-depth understanding of client needs and the market, industry and business environment. This understanding enables the firm to design customized solutions for clients - whether it is strategic initiatives like M&A, financing or risk management solutions
- Work on various sectors including Power and Utilities, Infrastructure, Transport, Services, Building Materials, Corporate Finance, Real Estate, Banks & Finance Institutions etc.
The incumbent will work on a very wide variety of transactions with HSBC bankers from across the world
The role is part of GBM Service Center and based at Bangalore.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyses, building and using financial models; preparing presentation materials and participating in deal pitches & executions; conducting industry and product research
- Overtime creates enough understanding of the sector to identify new business opportunities
- Carrying out financial modeling (vis relative valuation analysis, LBOs, DCFs, Merger plans), and developing and presenting appropriate pitchbooks to senior bankers
Will also be required to:
- Undergo continuous learning and enhance job specific skills over-time
- May be required to travel overseas as per business needs
- Pro-actively suggest and design improvements in process workflow, where applicable
- Taking ownership of work done and having high execution capabilities
Exceptionally qualified MBAs (with good CGPA score) and CAs with Big four (E&Y, PWC, Deloitte, KPMG) experience
- Minimum one year experience in Corporate Finance, Financial Modelling, Company Valuation, Corporate Strategy, Preparing pitch books etc.
- Good knowledge of financial modeling
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Highly proficient at Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Strong accounts, finance, quantitative and business writing skills
- Good at multitasking
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Eye for detail
- Highly motivated; strong work ethic; thrives under pressure, confident, team player
1 - 4 years of relevant work experience in corporate finance, valuation, financial modelling, preparing pitch books etc.