HR Operations Lead - Payroll/Compensation - Retail (3-8 yrs)
1. HR Strategy
- To advise and support the Central Leadership Team to achieve and maintain compliance with legal and regulatory obligations.
- Develop and maintain company policies and procedures, including Employee Handbook
- Develop and support management/employee consultation processes
- Manage pay and benefits.
- Building a culture of continual improvement, all aligned to our purpose, aspirations, customer promise and values.
2. HR Operational
- To provide an end-to-end administration service for all employment matters.
- Provide an end-to-end recruitment process
- Provide an HR service of advice and training to managers and employees.
- Facilitate our managers to manage performance. The right people ('on the bus'), in the right jobs (in the right seats) and poor performers or poor fit staff ('off the bus') all in a timely, legal, and BF appropriate way.
- Ensuring job descriptions for all positions within the company are relevant to the needs of the company
- Ensure all employees receive a contract of employment within the required timescales
- Collate staff insight through employee surveys, discussions and meetings. Plan and implement suggested improvements where possible.
- Advise and support managers with employee relations issues including performance management, disciplinary, grievance and redundancy
- Ensuring the highest standards of payroll administration, in partnership with Finance dept colleagues
- Provide a reporting, monitoring and reporting process for key employment issues
- Promote the maximum take up of exit interviews for all leavers, reporting findings and making recommendations as appropriate to CLT.
- Ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act in relation to employee records.
- Ensure a robust performance management approach with direct reports,
- Meet with your direct reports weekly (to align and prioritise activity)
- Perform reviews monthly with your direct reports, and record for file
- Perform quarterly personal development needs, plans and progress
- Perform formal end of year reviews
3. Management of Payroll accounting and processing
- Support the processing of weekly payroll, including new starters, leavers, timesheets, calculating pay, providing, HMRC submissions.
- Support the provision of Payroll related reporting (e.g. weekly KPIs and manager reports) both scheduled and on request.
- Ensure the management of all types of leave eg holiday, sick, maternity, volunteering and schemes eg pension are completed effectively.
- Provide any other Payroll, accounting or administrative related tasks, as identified
- Delivering in a manner that provides,
- Monitoring of related KPIs and referring as and when appropriate
- Excellent communication channels (up, down & sideways),
- Efficient in essential processes (minimalistic in rules & spreadsheets)
- Service to others (e.g. store operations and other teams)
- Continual improvement
4. Health and Safety Strategy
Working in partnership with the Retail Operations Manager, provide advice and support to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory obligations.
5. Health and Safety Operational
- To provide recording, monitoring and reporting for all relevant H&S issues.
- Make recommendations
- Carry out investigations into accidents and incidents, in partnership with operational colleagues
6. Be a great manager to our company
- Maintain a positive, can do attitude with staff.
- Provide great communication (listening and speaking) and demand from others.
- Be visible to staff and customers.
- HR Management level 5 or above
- 3 years' experience in HR management/advisory role
- Sound knowledge of employment law and practical application
- Payroll qualification
- 1 year Payroll experience
- Experience of developing Health and Safety standards
- Excellent Excel and Word skills