Consultant at ProEdge
Views:3069 Applications:417 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:250
HR Leader - People & Culture - Real Estate (12-18 yrs)
SEEKING CANDIDATES WITH MANAGEMENT CONSULTING BACKGROUND
An Innovative Thought Leader In Human Resource Management With Proven Capabilities
Our Client is a large real estate firm with over 3500 people across India. They have a pristine brand reputation that stands for delivery and quality. Now they are seeking to grow fast and transform the organisation to bring in age practices.
We are currently looking for Leader - People & Culture. You will be responsible for delivering a world-class employee experience and for making Client a place where people can do their best work. You will be leading all HR activities pertaining to recruitment, culture, development, total rewards, employee relations and policies, as well as establishing strategic organizational development plans to ensure that HR function is dynamic and capable of supporting the delivery of ambitious business growth plans.
Responsibilities/accountabilities (It is an indicative JD and should not be considered as a final set of responsibilities):
- Lead a team of 12 Associates and report into the Head Corporate Affairs and MD
- Responsible for decision making and both day to day management and strategic direction of the department
- Develop and implement an annual agenda for HR strategy in line with the business plan. Ensure HR plans support the needs of the business but are also flexible enough to cope with changes in the organisation, as and when they occur
- Provide information and reports on data such as staff turnover, references, cost per hire, training hours per person, etc.
- Conduct training needs analysis and designs and implement a training plan with input from business heads. Manage costs to budget.
- Work closely with the departmental heads and project heads to provide the core HR services
- Focus on leadership development and work closely with the management team
- Ensure all staff receive appraisals in accordance with company policy and monitor probationary periods
- Deal with any performance or grievance issues in a legally compliant and professional way
- Ensure all policies and procedures are up to date and legally compliant.
- Provide day to day advice to line managers on all human resource issues: management of staff, remuneration, etc.
- Maintain a succession plan for all departments
- Scale, challenge the way things are done to develop world-class teams and people
- Design and implement employee relations and communications programs
- Provide counselling/advice on cultural and country-specific practices, where necessary
- Effectively instil the corporate culture, vision and values within the company
- To understand, perform and adopt the latest IT trends that support the success of the HR systems and procedures.
- Implement new HR practices for talent retention and overall organization development
- Advise and work on issues of compensation, and benefits
HR director - skills/essentials :
- Contrarian, progressive, and next-generation thinker with about 12-18 years experience
- Outstanding people generalist with a proven track record in strategic HR leadership
- Able to function in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment
- Problem solving, results-oriented leader with a positive attitude
- Can quickly establish credibility and respect and build strong working relationships with department managers. Demonstrable maturity, professionalism and gravitas
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions ability to generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented
- Strong working knowledge of employment law issues and the ability to apply these to a variety of situations using a pragmatic and common sense approach
- Able to problem solve both operational and strategic issues through a pragmatic and commercially sound approach
- Effectively plans ahead to anticipate problems, plans for worst-case and best-case scenarios
- Makes sensible, intelligent decisions in difficult and deadline driven situations
- Demonstrates passion - approaches all tasks in an enthusiastic way. Committed to upholding professional standards
- Takes responsibility for own actions and visibly supports the senior leadership team and their agenda
- Results-focused - understands what is important to staff, clients and management - is committed to achieving goals. Tenacious approach to delivery, quality of output and organisation
- Capable communication skills - handles complex and difficult situations with thought and confidence