Operations Manager at Housing.com
Views:1415 Applications:42 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:35
Housing.com - AVP - Market Research - Land Business Unit - IIM/XLRI/MDI/ISB (6-10 yrs)
Housing.com is a Mumbai-based Real Estate Portal that aims to provide 360 degree solutions to meet all of its user's real estate needs. The company was founded in 2012 on a map-based home-search interface, the first of its kind. The company has since grown on a platform of innovation, transparency and data-based solutions. Housing.com started with the mission to make Real Estate simple. And it has made big strides in that direction. Now, we want to change the Land market BIG TIME.
Land is a separate business unit, a separate brand in the group of companies that Housing is becoming now. Our vision is to make the Global Land market 100% efficient by removing all information asymmetry in the overall Land Ecosystem. The aim is not only to capture the existing market but also to create a very big market by enabling transparency. We are not just building a digital destination but an ecosystem. The most efficient and exhaustive ecosystem that will take care of anything related to Land and land transactions. Over time making the market so friction-less that land can be traded as stocks on the exchange.
Land is 10x more complex and 10x more challenging than anything we have done so far. No one in the world has really put in their minds to make Land simple, simply because it is too difficult. If we do not, probably no one else will. Opportunity is huge and almost unfathomable, but we will have to innovate a lot as there are no established benchmarks. Precisely why we are assembling the best team across the world to work on cutting edge problems.
- Experience in leading the market research team to execute country wide research projects as per the needs of key functions of the organization
- Hard-core Market Research Experience (preferably FMCG sector) identifying consumer needs, fragmenting them and delivering insights and desired results
- Experience of using various research methodologies to successfully manage multiple research projects at a time
- Demonstrated success in executing key market research projects in delivering high impact on Business
- Strong understanding of consumer behavior, lifecycle and mind-set in the context of the business
- Experience in real estate industry and executing market research projects for developers or leading real estate brands is preferred
Experience: 6-10 years of relevant work experience
Qualifications: Graduates from IIMs and other premier institutes of the country
- Build the company's renowned gut-level understanding of what consumers think and what they want
- Lead a team of market research associates and analysts to ensure all MR projects are formulated, planned and executed within the stipulated timeline
- Designing research plans for the team to generate the understanding needed to solve the existing problems or capitalize upon the opportunity and bring about a change in the outlook of how consumers view business
- Listen to our consumers to identify business opportunities by interpreting complex market data, stimulating ideas and developing progressive strategies
- Focus on how we deliver the country level business strategy to the local market/consumer because of its diverse nature in each operating region
- Formulate an entry-point marketing program directed at attracting the passive consumer and identify ways to market to the real estate consumers more effectively
- Ensure a competitive advantage for Land through superior consumer and market understanding
Desired Skills and Qualities:
- Good analytical skills and team orientation, willingness and ability to deliver breakthrough results
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong acumen for numbers and comfort with data analysis is essential
- Enjoy working with and influencing diverse business partners
- Strong leaders who can envision new ways to win, set direction and deliver results
- Creative, innovative, takes initiatives, follow-through, priority-setting and on-time execution
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.