Recruiter at Hopscotch
Views:1280 Applications:391 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:40
Hopscotch - Manager - Supply Chain (3-10 yrs)
Job Description: Manager - Supply Chain
Established in 2012, Hopscotch is India's leading kids fashion brand positioned at the sweet spot of aspiration and affordability. The brand features the latest trends in kids fashion on its store online, and has served over 30 lac parents across 1,300 Indian cities.
Hopscotch was founded by Harvard Business School Alumnus - Rahul Anand. Rahul observed that India was the #1 kids market in the world with a strong legacy of textile looms and manufacturing. With social media, Indian parents are increasingly exposed to fashion styles across the world and aspiring for more. Despite this tremendous domestic demand, Indian consumers were starved of fashionable clothing that was affordable. India lacked a dominant kids brand. He founded Hopscotch to provide Indian parents
access to kids fashion., Using technology, Hopscotch today launches 500 new and trendy items daily, and at jaw dropping price points.The Hopscotch team consists of a network of international designers, vendors, and buyers who track fashion weeks and couture trends globally. Hopscotch leverages technology to rapidly launch these styles in real time and makes them available to Indian parents each day. Today, Hopscotch is one of the largest fashion brands in the country. It has achieved triple digit growth YoY serving an enormous base of over 3 million active users, with 70% of its demand from tier 2 and smaller towns.
Hopscotch is backed by a range of institutional investors, including RPG Ventures, India Infoline Seed fund, LionRock Capital, Rise Capital. Noteworthy HNIs, Eduardo Saverin (Co-founder, Facebook), Wei Yan (CTO and co-founder of Diapers.com), Atul Nishar (founder of Aptech), Toivo Annus (CTO and co-founder of Skype), and Nisa Godrej (MD GCPL) have backed the company and continue to advice the business as it scales to new heights.
About Rahul Anand, Founder & CEO:
Mr. Rahul Anand is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Hopscotch.in, India's #1 kids fashion brand. He was born in Mumbai and received a double engineering major from the University of Michigan. After completing an MBA from Harvard Business School he joined Diapers.com in New York, which was later acquired by Amazon for $550MM. Post the acquisition, Rahul returned to India and with the backing of seasoned entrepreneurs like Eduardo Saverin (of Facebook) and Wei Yan, he started Hopscotch. Rahul's vision is to make kids' fashion accessible to every parent in India, irrespective of their socio-economic background. On a personal front, Rahul is an avid classical pianist and has been playing the piano for over 35 years.
Here's what will be expected out of you every day:
- Drive reduction in end to end supply chain lead time
- Own performance metrics, vendor experience and supply chain cost
- Represent company for customs, own customs compliance processes
- Lead a team of 4-5 executives for tracking of shipments and costs
- Process re-engineering -Study and improve supply chain processes for reconciliation, tracking, order management.
What we want:
- 3+ years of supply chain management experience
- Demonstrated qualities of ownership around business metrics:
- Has owned core business metrics
- Has proven execution ability to make significant impact on the metrics owned
- Quantitative inclination:
- Can take a problem statement and breakdown into key areas
- Can harness data to answer key questions
- Has an ability to work with data, gain insights, and make intelligent decisions
- Leadership and Team Management skills:
- Ability to inspire teams of varied backgrounds including warehouse teams, engineers, and cross
- Cross functionally partner with people across business, technology, and operations teams
- Should have maturity to convince stakeholders. Should have successfully demonstrated
stakeholder management traits (vendors, internal teams and external agencies)
- Re-engineering: Leverage people, process, and product to increase supply chain speed and agility.
Look at processes, map into flow charts, simplify, dumb down, and achieve excellence
- Creativity: Ability to create a best in class inbound supply chain as measured by speed, agility, consistency, and reliability
- Can harness technology effectively to drive people & process efficiencies
- Can identify how and where technology can make a deep impact
- Defines where technology needs to be changed and adapted to improve people and process efficiency
- High bias for action
- Maturity to think holistically
- Intellectual curiosity: Must have taken up responsibilities which were beyond his/her expertise.
What we would love:
- Knowledge on SQL, R,
- Demand forecasting skill
Location: Mumbai(Work from home for now)