Analytics Lead at Hopscotch
Views:1219 Applications:348 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:178
Hopscotch - Business Analyst/Senior Business Analyst (1-5 yrs)
Business Analyst/Senior Business Analyst
About Hopscotch :
- Hopscotch is India's largest online kids lifestyle store, offering moms fashion from reputed and niche brands across the world. We launch hundreds of new styles each day, sourced from hundreds of vendors, apply data science to identify the latest fashion trends, and offer these to moms. We do all of this and more to make shopping fun, easy, and affordable for moms.
- Hopscotch was founded in 2012 by Rahul Anand (HBS `09) and Lisa Kennedy (HBS `94), both former leaders from Diapers.com. Diapers emerged into the #1 online kids retailer in America and was sold to Amazon.com for $545 million. After the acquisition, Rahul and Lisa turned their attention to the Indian market and launched Hopscotch with a vision to create the leading kids lifestyle brand.
- We are backed by top serial entrepreneurs and venture funds including Eduardo Saverin (Co-Founder, Facebook), Toivo Annus (Co-Founder, Skype), Wei Yan (Co-Founder, Diapers.com), Hari Kumar (Co-Founder, TPG-Axon), IIFL Ventures, and RPG Ventures.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- At Hopscotch, we are obsessed with offering moms head-to-toe fashion for their little ones. Hopscotch has a strong product-market fit with its customer-obsessed service to Indian moms. And it is absolutely day one for us. We are highly customer-centric and deeply believe that we can innovate our way out of any box. Were seeking an unbelievably talented product leader to define and execute our vision of making Hopscotch the #1 kids lifestyle brand in India.
- If you join the Hopscotch Analytics team, youll be working with star engineers, designers, product managers and business managers in a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. The role demands great technical depth, principled thinking, well-honed product judgment, bold innovation, and a stubborn refusal to settle. Sound like you? Read on...
As a part of Product & Customer Analytics group, your role will comprise of the following :
1. Decision Management :
- Develop an in-depth understanding of user journeys and generate data driven insights & recommendations to help product and customer success teams in meticulous decision making.
- Develop strong hypothesis, execute A/B experiments and identify area of opportunities with strong confidence level.
- Define and analyze key product data sets to understand customer and product behavior.
- Solve problems and answer data-related questions about customers and products
- Create, democratize and monitor performance metrics on regular basis and work with functional manager to consistently raise the bar
- Communicate your findings to cross-functional peers and management
2. Define Data vision for the overall organization :
- You should be a highly experienced thinker who will acquire a deep understanding of all business functions Hopscotch perform along with the customers that Hopscotch cater too, and their respective needs and behavior
- You will not just be exposed to Product but will also think creatively with the Data Lead and other functional leaders to identify the Data gaps and proactively take ownership of the forward-looking Data road-map related to product and customer initiative across verticals
- You will be responsible for data democratization. Translate all requirements/ performance criteria to KPIs and make it available to all functional managers for faster day to day decision making
- You will be in charge of identifying operational weaknesses and ensuring smooth day-to-day execution of all product activities for the purpose of meeting the product and business goal
3 . Building Data Model to make Platform Intelligent : Demand side and Supply side Products aims at optimizing the business metrics. You will be playing active role in building the algorithms/Data Model for both Demand and supply side products.
Experience & Qualifications :
- Bachelor / Masters degree in business and or engineering
- 2+ years of experience in product analytics
- 2+ years of experience in customer analytics
- 2+ years experience in building analytic solutions
- Hands-on with SQL and Python/ R
- Hands on Experience in Building Data Models and Statistical Modelling
- Excellent written, verbal, listening, communicating, and negotiating skills coupled with ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the enterprise is required
Required Skills :
- 1+ years of proven Analytic experience delivering highly successful and innovative Data products
- Experience in defining market and product requirements, working with engineering & analytic organizations to rapidly deliver high-impact capabilities to market
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to justify requirements
- Being highly customer-centric with an appreciation to understand customer behavior. Stellar design instinct and product taste
- A driver personality - biased toward action, great collaborator, and master disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Grittiness- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn
- We're bringing Hopscotch to every mom in India and we need the right skillset, passion and commitment to make it happen in style.
Key personal attributes :
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A keen learner and willing to adapt to new environments
- People management skills
- Open minded & team player
- Multitasking abilities to work in a startup environment under pressure, with no task being beneath him/her