Manager - Talent Acquisition and HRBP at Homelane.com
Views:805 Applications:155 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:77
HomeLane - Senior Manager/AGM - Legal - LLB (5-8 yrs)
Senior Manager/AGM - Legal - LLB
Role description :
The Legal Manager is responsible for ensuring that all HomeLane product and service offerings conform to relevant internal and external legal and compliance requirements. The Legal Manager will coordinate with internal business team(s) to revise and complete customer security and privacy questionnaires + data privacy, data security and data protection agreements, coordinate with external council and other stakeholders.
- Drafting, reviewing, revising and negotiating contract/legal letters, including service agreements, IP and data licensing agreements, NDAs, vendor agreements, etc.
- Knowledge on regulatory and legal requirements that apply to HomeLane.
- Participate in the evaluation, development and maintenance of policies, procedures and training as they pertain to regulatory and customer compliance requirements.
- Represent HomeLane in legal forums/court representations
- Manage customer and other third party audits, including the gathering of artifacts across multiple departments and scheduling internal and external prep meetings with subject matter experts. When acting as a lead function during audits, will track all post-audit follow-up deliverables through to completion.
- Confer with business stakeholders to discuss issues and make recommendations pertaining to their compliance needs.
- Act as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved
- Prepare first drafts of amendments to basic agreements and new or revised statements of work under existing agreements.
- Assist internal clients with use of standard form agreements.
- Coordinate all aspects of contract preparation and management.
What are we looking for?
- 5-8 years of experience gained in-house or in a leading private practice
- Start-up experience/exposure preferred
- Law Degree from a University of repute. Company Secretary would have added advantage
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work autonomously while managing both short and long term project goals
- Strong organizational skills and steadfast attention to detail to manage fast paced and demanding requests from internal and external stakeholders
- High resourcefulness and ability to team with other groups to influence the collection of information required to obtain compliance
- Strong experience in litigation/arbitration and direct/indirect taxation
- Experience in managing legal matters independently
- Experience in managing compliance and/governance