Manager Recruitment at HGS
Views:844 Applications:140 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Hinduja Global Solutions - Data Scientist/Senior Data Scientist (4-15 yrs)
As part of the Advanced Analytics team at HGS, Data Scientist will work on cutting edge solutions to enable business transformation across industries. Data Scientist will be actively involved in understanding customer's business requirements and coming up with analytics based solution. This is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to become part of an innovative and energetic team.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand and analyze business requirements.
- Gather data from various disparate sources, which may include RDBMS, Web APIs or any other customized system.
- Organize large datasets in such a way that actionable insights can be extracted. This may include finding innovative ways to integrate datasets that don't naturally mesh together.
- Perform exploratory data analysis to analyze datasets and make broad conclusions based on initial evaluations.
- Evaluate various options in terms of appropriate modelling technique/algorithm and apply the one which fits best in the overall business & technical environment.
- Apply predictive modeling and machine learning to improve customer experiences, revenue generation, fraud detection, cost saving as well as other business benefits.
- Design & build meaningful data visualization that explains model outcome. Link the findings with insights to describe business impact in effective manner.
Education & Experience :
- Bachelor's / Master's degree from a recognized institute in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Bioinformatics, Physics
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience with a proven track record of designing, developing and deploying advanced analytics solutions in commercial setting
Desired Skills and Abilities :
- Strong pattern recognition and predictive modelling skills
- In-depth knowledge of various modelling algorithms e.g. Regression and Classification, Time Series Models, Neural Networks
- Proficiency in Python/R/Spark
- Knowledge of databases, data modelling, Hadoop and distributed computing networks
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience in agile software development environment
- Presentation Skills : Ability to present statistical results to business stakeholders in clear and compelling manner
- Communication Skills : Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal