Hike - Talent Acquisition Partner (1-7 yrs)
A NEW SOCIAL FUTURE:
How is it that in a world that's evolving so quickly that social products still feel the same? Strangely enough, we're still using products that were invented in the 2G era. There seems to be an emptiness with the current experience and today's products are built to force humanity to be superficial.
We'd like to change that.
With the advancements in technology, so much more is possible today that wasn't even possible, just a few years ago. We believe the timing couldn't be better.
We're thoughtful about why we do things and here are 5 principles guiding our thinking:
- Advancements in Tech & AI: Allowing more bits to be pushed to users in real-time and thus allowing far richer, more personalised experiences.
- User's Comfortable Online: 50% of people's waking lives are spent on smartphones in emerging countries.
- Vertical Communities: We don't live our lives in one massive community. We're specific in the activities we engage in (art, gaming, fitness etc).
- New Business Models: Putting customers at the centre. These won't be ad-driven in the traditional sense. Think micro-transactions, subscriptions and more.
- Consumers as Owners: It's a bit strange that consumers aren't part of the value chain. Turning customers into owners is a fascinating thought.
BUILD MAGICAL THINGS:
- It's so clear to us that technology evolves but people stay the same. We- re solving for a core human need - social connection and with all the evolution in technology, today we can solve for that in brand new ways.
- At our core, we're a creative company. Ideas and pixels is where we live and we love building magical products that make our users feel - wow-inside. It's not just about features, it's also about how they make people feel. We build at the intersection of the scientific and the romantic.
- And it all starts with people, the right team that cares deeply about our mission, values and our users. At Hike, you'll have the chance to do the best work of your life.
- Come join us and shape the future of social with Rush & Vibe!
- Rush is a new bite-sized gaming service that aims to channel the competitive spirit of India where players can use their skills to Play, Compete & Win!
- Vibe is an approval-only community (one has to apply to join). With Vibe, we're building a magical & safe place online where people can be themselves & make new friends.
For more information please visit http://www.hike.in/workathike
THE HIKE CODE:
We're on a journey to build something new, something different and making anything innovative & new requires the ability to surrender to the unknown. The Hike Code is our value system. It is our guide to navigate through the unknown to build incredible products. Here they are:
- Top Talent in Every Role : We look for people with an incredible intellect. Both skills and values are important to us.
- Pro-Sports Team : Strengths based, results driven with a "team-first" attitude
- Customer at the Centre : Everything we do is inspired by how we can better solve for our customer.
- Constant Innovation : It's our DNA to walk into the unknown in search of having meaningful impact.
- Act Like Owners : We own the output of what we do, even if it's explicitly not our job.
- Thoughtful Decision Making : Clear Mind + Obsession to Simplify + Data Driven. We strive to be thoughtful.
- Bias for Action : We understand that success is not one big leap but tiny gains compounding over time #ABH.
- Be Open Minded & Coachable : We have a quest to continuously #RiseUp to be the best version of ourselves.
ROLE & REQUIREMENTS:
If you've made it till here, then you're probably interested in the role :)
- Our mission is to make Hike an incredible place to work.
- This role cuts across all facets of Talent Acquisition right from tech & non-tech recruitment, TA programs, Employer Branding & campus engagement initiatives. The heart of everything we do is to build an incredible Employer Brand and hire extremely passionate, highly intellectual, and culturally aligned talent.
- This role blends people, systems, and technology, often includes juggling multiple responsibilities and managing a variety of Programs & Products at once along with recruitment (Business as usual), and always involves close partnership with a diverse and interesting set of teams.
- We're looking for people with a beginner's mindset, who are curious, eager to learn new things, with a passion for innovation, and work to be a little better every single day. This is not solely based on whether a candidate has previously done the job or not.
Key Day to Day Responsibilities:
As a Talent Acquisition professional, you will:
- Contribute to each stage of the recruitment funnel
- Commit to planning & delivery of multiple concurrent TA programs and Community events.
- Apply a hacker mindset to a variety of sourcing and research channels to onboard the best fit candidate
- Work on the source to hire insights/Mental Maps/algos! crafted internally
- Source candidates through a variety of channels (LinkedIn, referrals, networking events, specialized sites, etc.)
- Dedicate time to do Sourcing, Mapping, Headhunting, Candidate, and Industry Research.
- Ensure that the recruitment process holds a high validity and that candidates are being assessed in a quality-driven way
- Build repo and maintain a healthy relationship with all the concerned stakeholders
- Coordinate several areas of the recruiting process, including managing candidates, scheduling phone interviews, and full loops.
- Establish strong working relationships with agencies, hiring managers, recruiting team, and candidates
SOUND LIKE YOU?
- We're looking for someone dynamic and you'll need to have the below in generous quantities to succeed in this role.
- You have 1 to 7 years of relevant experience
- An Ambitious Strategist and Scaler - You love reasoning from first principles and don't believe in doing something just because - it's always been done that way. You can connect the dots between where we're going and how we need to get there.
- A Creator - Who obsesses about nurturing a high-impact, high-performance, kind culture. Very detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving.
- An Operator - You enjoy breaking big problems into ambitious project plans with clear milestones and success metrics. You can take a great idea, imagine it at scale, and then execute a delightful, repeatable experience. We believe Ideas are 10% but Execution is 90% of the job.
- Excellent Prioritisation Chops - You can distinguish between the important and urgent, and know-how to appropriately tackle each challenge
- Comfort with Ambiguity - Thriving to work in a high octane & challenging environment. Our environment changes rapidly so it's important to have an ability to handle unexpected changes and challenges.
- A Collaborator - Who builds trusted relationships with all stakeholders by providing deep market insights and helping them see around corners.
- Excellent Communicator - A clear, approachable and friendly communication style, both written & verbal and the willingness to tailor your message to different audiences.
- Experience with or interest in People Analytics
- Experience in a high growth internet or technology company
- Set up some awesome innovative People Programs/Products and initiatives.
- Experience in product management, or a knack for program management and operational excellence
- Experience with remote working
- Work from anywhere in IST timezone
- A flat and transparent culture
- Support for setting up Home Office
- Tools of the trade - MacBook, Latest Softwares
- Monthly Communication Reimbursement
- Best learning and development opportunities
- A chance to have a big impact in hypergrowth setup
At Hike, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, ethnicity or disability status. Explore the recruitment process and all the open positions at - http://www.hike.in/workathike
To see what we are upto, please follow us on https://www.linkedin.com/company/hike/