Senior Manager at Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Views:240 Applications:80 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:70
Hewlett Packard Enterprise - Applied Data Scientist - SCM Domain (6-12 yrs)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You- ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a - reverse mentoring- program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Described below is the overall expectations of role & the background:
About Global Operations (GO) Advanced Analytics for HPE
- Global Operations (GO) organization mission is to deliver financial results and a superior experience to our customers, partners & sales teams. GO value chain spans configure-price-quote, order manage & care, plan, source, make, deliver & invoicing while working with organizations like Product Management, Sales, Finance.
- GO Advanced Analytics is the Advanced Analytics Centre of Excellence (CoE) for GO. We are chartered to work across the GO value chain to drive actionable insights for faster & better revenue / customer experience/ cost / cash flow decisions through business diagnostics & data / decision science solutions and predictive analytics solutions enabling faster and better executive decisions.
This position is responsible for:
- Understanding GO problems
- Responding with conceptualizing, building, deploying, continuously improving predictive and / or optimization solutions
- Delivering sustainable solutions easily adopted within operations
- Researching / experimenting emerging technologies & techniques
- Endeavoring for industry class internal / external recognitions
Responsibilities in this role include:
- Handle, Explore, Analyze, Interpret large data sets
- Provide multiple levels of analyses - historical interpretation, context understanding, interplay of business variables and forecasting / predictive potential
- Provide scenario analyses to highlight data deficiencies
- Recommend alternatives to solve the business problem from data science point of view
- Choose / build / simulate models that fit into the business operation(s) at hand
- Make pragmatic assumptions on data / models
- Run POCs / Tests / e2e data science life cycles as needed to help adoption / realize value from data
- Enable impact on forecast accuracy, inventory, customer promise, commodity price, etc..
- Collaborate / Educate / Train / Share knowledge & expertise from & to peers; from or to users
- Contribute to broader organizational goals
- Present about the data science field to executives / external forums as needed
Education & Experience:
- Post-Graduate Degree in statistics, math, operations research or management
- 6-10 years- industry experience with exposure to supply chain or sales operations domains
- Experience dealing with data, modeling, machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques
- Experience with optimization an added advantage
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least R, Python; SQL an added advantage
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS EXCEL
- Demonstrated proficiency in big data deployment ecosystem (Hadoop, Spark with Python/ Scala)
- Experience of deploying & realizing value from large scale data science implementations
- Awareness of role of visualization with tools like QLIK / Power BI or R/Python
- Strong English Language written & verbal skills
- Team oriented
- Understands value of collaborative expertise
- Takes ownership for delivering & innovating in defined & ambiguous situations
- Hard working, reliable, results oriented
- Tenacity to continuously improve
- Learnability / curious to learn business context, emerging technologies, research techniques
- Flexible, works with the requisite urgency
- Stakeholder / customer orientation
What we can offer you:
- Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world's most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
- If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on: