Head - HR at Hero Electronix Pvt. Ltd.
Views:1228 Applications:341 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:227
Hero Electronix - Senior Product Manager - Consumer IoT Product (4-10 yrs)
Hero Electronix is the $5B+ Hero Group's venture into the technology space with a vision to create a $1B+ home-grown, scalable and leading technology businesses out of India, centered around both consumer and enterprise solutions. HEPL strongly believes that rapid advancements in Internet Connectivity and Artificial Intelligence technologies is a tectonic shift that is causing all products around us getting re-imagined. Our speakers, watches and even cars today are Smart and Connected.
Started 5 years back to capitalize on this broader theme, HEPL, today, has multiple enterprise businesses: (1) Semiconductor Engineering Services (Tessolve), (2) Connected media platform & devices (Mybox) (3) Connected Enterprise Solutions (Zenatix), (4) Smart and Connected Consumer Devices (Qubo).
Smart & Connected Devices has become $50 Bn market globally, and India is also rapidly adopting a connected lifestyle. In line with this trend, HEPL has setup its own Consumer devices business from scratch under the brand name Qubo. Qubo has been incubated as an agile start-up and has been positioned as a clutter breaking up-market brand. It envisions to provide AI powered connected devices across Home, Auto, Kids, Wellness & beyond. To this effect, HEPL has built end-to-end capability ranging from hardware design, firmware programming, cloud platform, artificial intelligence models, mobile applications and more.
Qubo range of smart home wifi cameras and security system was launched in mid of 2020, with an objective to solve security needs of developing markets - www.quboworld.com. The products have been very well received very by customers (4+ rated on Amazon), with offline presence in 600 stores and growing. The company is now expanding its presence in foreign markets such as Middle East, Singapore and more. A range of exciting smart home products such as an AI powered wifi video doorbell are also in pipeline. In addition, we are working on a range of connected lifestyle products beyond smart home in categories such as Automotive Accessories, Kids & Elderly Care, Fitness and Well-being.
You will get to be a part of HEPL's Consumer devices team and be a part of an exciting growth story as consumer lifestyle gets more connected. You be working in a well-funded start-up alongside young, passionate, result oriented individuals.
Description of role:
At Qubo, we are constantly bringing innovative, differentiated connected products to market where Mobile Application plays a very important role in driving the customer experience. We are looking for a Product Manager who will work cross-functionally to deliver products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You will be responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing requirements, compiling features, defining UI/ UX, program managing development, and user testing of Qubo products and solutions. In this role, you will be spending most of your time in new product development. You will get to define product vision for multiple categories and execute on it. You will also be expected to manage and drive customer experience improvement across existing products.
- Identify customer needs, business needs and own the Qubo product roadmap
- Own the thought process of not just creating great individual products but creating categories of product with a full range and future generations of products
- Create user journeys and product requirement documents
- Define UI/UX, wireframe the app interface and work with designer to finalize it
- Work with technical program manager to define and monitor development sprints
- Coordinate and align cross-functional teams; work closely with strategy, engineering, design, marketing & manufacturing teams; regular interfacing with CTO, CBO and CSO
- Analyze voice-of-customer (VOC) through offline and online reviews across platforms and drive user engagement through product
- Develop a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that improve customer experience and drive growth
- Give content guidance for product collaterals across all platforms for effective and targeted communication
- Analyze and benchmark competitor products from time to time
- Drive streamlined integrations with potential partners when needed
- Present to CXOs and MD of the firm on regular intervals
- Manage a small team of product managers; lead and create a strong product function over time to fuel growth
- 4+ years of relevant product development and management experience
- iOS and Android mobile applications
- Backend platforms
- Experience with computing and software infrastructure development life cycles
- Experience in defining new products or categories and bringing a consumer product to market
- Bachelor's degree in Computer/ Electronics/ Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering
- Candidates with MBA followed by relevant experience would be preferred
- Experience in building software products in relevant consumer facing category such as Fitness, Wellbeing, Automotive etc. is an added plus
- Hardware product management experience is an added plus
- Experience working with senior executives, with the ability to build relationships, collaborate, and influence others
- Experience leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning to build personalized products
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to convey intricate ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Creative and innovative thinking