Hedge Fund Accounting Role - IT Services & Consulting Firm (2-4 yrs)
Hedge Fund Accounting
NTT DATA Services is a top 10 global services company and part of the NTT Group, a Fortune 29 telecommunications and services company based in Japan. We operate with 60,000 professionals in 36 countries. Every day around the world we help clients explore new ways to respond to market dynamics with flexibility and speed, reduce costs with less risk, and increase productivity to enable growth.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Perform daily reconciliation of accounts between Geneva and Custodian/Prime Broker.
- Monthly investigation on Reconciliation discrepancies and verify all the transactions (Independently complete cash, portfolio and capital reconciliations and investigate and resolve any discrepancy).
- Prepare monthly financial reporting package for Hedge Funds, including the determination of "Net Asset Value"
- Prepare the Statement of Asset and Liabilities and Profit and Loss Statement
- Ensure Fund income and expenses, including management and performance fees, are accrued for and are in accordance with relevant accounting standards (Calculation of Incentive Fee and Management Fee).
- Accurate and timely processing of all capital activities including subscriptions, redemptions, transfers, rollups, capital commitments and calls.
- Derive pricing for portfolio investments. Updating status reports.
- Cash Management-managing the daily cash flow of trades and monitoring fund cash-flows.
- Process incoming and outgoing cash movements related to capital activity.
- Creation and maintenance of investor information including payment models and contacts.
- Preparation of Investor and Client reports including Audit confirmations, Trade confirmations etc.
- Communicate the transactions associated with the fund(s) and work closely with internal and external clients to provide accurate and thorough accounting packages.
- Correspond with external investment managers regarding day-to-day fund inquiries including entering security trades, fee, payments, cash position breaks, and reconciliations. Client engagement and a dedication to quality service is a must for success.
Requirements for this role include :
- University degree or equivalent that required 3+ years of formal studies of Finance/Accounting principles
- 2+ year(s) of accounting experience for financial instruments (equities, fixed income, and derivatives), operation of capital markets, and life cycle of trades. Well versed with all financial instruments
- Complete procedural knowledge of fund accounting is a must. Trade Booking, Cash reporting, Exception analyzing, reconciliation of assets and cash, Post pricing issues etc.
- 2+ year(s) of data entry experience that required a focus on quality including attention to detail, accuracy, & accountability for your work product.
- 2+ year(s) of experience using MS-Excel that required you to use Formulas, Tables & Formatting, Conditional Formatting,
- Charting, Pivot tables & Pivot Reporting.
- 2+ year(s) of experience in a service-oriented role where you had to correspond in writing or over the phone with external customers.
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts from Monday-Friday.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.