Manager Recruitments at Derive Management Solutions Pvt Ltd
Views:497 Applications:41 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Head - Underwriting - General Insurance (8-15 yrs)
Head - General Insurance Underwriting
- This role is intended to add insurance technical skills to the General insurance business team. The role would work with the insurers on product design, product pricing, P&L tracking and management, evaluating underwriting rules vs results
- The role would mainly be focused on the motor insurance line of business with some efforts also being required on other General Insurance retail & group lines of businesses.
- The role is essential to help our customers get the right pricing for the risk by building analytical modeling and use of data that can help predict the inherent risk quality. This role would also help in building fraud prevention mechanisms in conjunction with the insurers to drive quality of portfolios effectively.
- To set up a strong portfolio analytics deck on premium sourcing and claims to enable business to understand aspects beyond the top line. The data could be used as a key input in pricing and reward negotiation in order to maximize earnings with a balanced customer proposition
- Required strong insurance specific analytical skills which can be effectively used for decision on price points, quote coverage and price differentiation across geographies and customer cohorts
- To be able to understand claims movement in a portfolio and derive trend projection which can be used as an input for taking corrective action to weed out inherent risky portfolio from the books.
- To be able to pick segments/sub segments/pockets with strong profitable growth potential with the help of data and industry knowledge
- To be able to cross verify product fitment from a regulatory standpoint and evaluate appropriate pricing for the risk
- To build pricing, propensity, risk and fraud control models using insurer and PhonePe data
Ideal Candidate should have:
- 8 to 10 years experience in the insurance industry of which the majority (6-7 years or more should be in technical functions like underwriting, pricing, actuarial or claims in motor insurance line of business.
- General insurance/P&C experience is preferred with a focus on Motor Insurance. Health insurance experience would be a strong positive in addition to GI/P&C experience
- Should be familiar with GLM and other analytical models as a user. Hands on experience with analytical models would be a positive addition
- Understanding of regulatory requirements around product development is a must
- Should have experience of interacting and negotiating with actuaries wrt understanding of underwriting's impact on pricing
- Should have experience of P&L buildups and related reporting (MOR, Foreign Gen etc.)