Head - Technology & Program Management - Govt Consulting (10-14 yrs)
- Manage PMO organization
- Create a Program Management Office within the organisation, responsible for tracking impact programs across the organization.
- Put together well-defined structure and processes for the PMO to function efficiently - ensuring timely and high-quality delivery of projects, products and DIGIT releases. Define success metrics, refine reporting formats for better accountability and tracking.
- Mentor Program Managers to create a culture of accountability.
- Program Execution for Centre and State programs
- Act as a single point of Senior Mgmt contact from the organisation for the Centre and State leadership and Partners in driving DIGIT deployment. Operate at an exec level, and get delivery commitments delivered through the execution team and pull in required skills/resources from organisation into state engagements.
- Manage handover of the organisation led implementations to Centre, State or partner teams for ongoing support. Track residual work items and transition plan to closure.
- Orchestrate internal organisation teams to deliver to Centre and State needs - for a variety of activities such as delivery, enablement, and advisory.
- Should be able to map to senior bureaucrats at Centre and State levels, and influence them suitably to make decisions and drive the discussions forward to create impact.
- Focus on adoption of DIGIT in the States by proper measurement of citizen impact and ease of use and access. Drive new initiatives and innovations across the States.
- Builds trusted partner relationship with the State Execs such as Principal Secretary, Directors:
- Advice on policy design, best practices
Consulting on capacity building, best practices
- Function as a Technology, Design and Architecture advisory (or pull in other resources in the organisation)
- Cross-pollination of ideas from other states
- Actively contributes to Program Advisory:
- Be a part of the Steering Committee, help direction setting and roadmap
- Advise State on best practices, policy advocacy, and technology
- Enable Implementation partners to deliver
- Build trust with the partner by acting as a credible source of information for implementation.
- Orchestrate internal organisation teams to deliver required support for implementation partners.
- Drive the creation of artifacts and assets with a view to reuse on subsequent implementations.
- Set expectations with the partner, and ensure suitable push back to help balance organisation effort exposure vs. program progress.
- Catalyse re-imagination and innovation in the ecosystem.
Who you are
- You are a seasoned professional with 10+ years of experience in running large programs.
- You have the ability to manage client expectations suitably and align with organisation position and strategy - push back when necessary.
- Invoke bootstrapping options only when absolutely necessary.
- You are goal-oriented and have the ability to get things done without formal authority.
- You build strong trust-based relationships both internally and externally.
- You have the ability to motivate the program team (Including the extended teams) to strive to achieve the common goal.
- You are organised, manage risks and escalations well and make timely decisions in ambiguous situations.
- You communicate well, both written and verbal; and set direction for the program team and implementation partner for each state, based on priorities at organisation and State.
- You have the ability to drive the ecosystem partners through suitable advisory and outreach activities.