Associate Principal at ABC Consultants
Views:419 Applications:125 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Head - Technology - Logistics Sector (15-20 yrs)
- Align technology vision with overall business strategy
- Develop and manage the integrated digital & technology roadmap for the business
- Provide informed window into how digital technologies are being used to transform ports & logistics sector around the world & drive deployment of relevant technology platforms within the business
- Guide rapid technology pilots within business driven by a clearly articulated business value proposition
- Responsible to lead Cross-functional teams in evaluation and benchmarking various process capabilities in the technology specific to the Business area
- Evaluate various tool options available across the globe that can give lowest cost and efficient operations
- Evaluate various technology options in terms of IOT, RFID, OCR, Mesh networks etc. and keep tab on advancement happening in the business functions related operational processes and equipment.
- Work on various developments in equipment / digital processes that could give advantage on performance and cost
- Ancillary industry development and co-operation with various vendors / parties
- Network with various OEMs and service providers
- Co-ordination and communication with IT, Operations etc.
KEY areas/ factors/ conditions in which incumbent should have experience
- Should have very good exposure on some of the industries Logistics & supply chain, Warehouse management, Transportation, Ports & Shipping, Industrial automation, etc. at large scale.
- Understanding of latest & efficient business specific equipment along with proven technology Drones, Autonomous vehicles, Industrial robotics etc.
- Deep knowledge on various process improvement tools
- Knowledge on various global benchmarks
- Full understanding of world standards and safety practices in the various tools and processes
ROLE HOLDER REQUIREMENTS
- Masters in Engineering/Technology or Post-graduation in Business Administration from a reputed Global or Indian institute
- Bachelors in Engineering from a reputed university
- Experience 10+ years in relevant sectors, either in an operating company, or in a top Tier Strategy Consulting firm
- Experience with a range of Digital technologies from Software (e.g. AI and machine language, Big Data), to Operational Hardware (e.g. OT, Internet of Things, Mesh networks, industrial robotics, Autonomous vehicles)
- Experience in working with Technology companies around the world that develop cutting edge technologies
- Proven track record in deploying these cutting edge technologies in an industrial setting within the respective Business sector
- Background in technology sector and/or companies with deep understanding of latest trends and ongoing developments in the respective business sector
- Experience in navigating large and complex organizations, including gaining access to key executives and stakeholders and successfully managing relationships
- Ability to connect large scale technology trends with strategic opportunities for the Business to develop the technology vision
- Passion for new technologies and their potential to transform the world
- Ability to develop business cases for technology activities
- Proven track record to guide and manage deployments of new technology pilots
- Strong Leadership skills Potential to be a future Head Technology & Analytics
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to be able to inspire confidence in both internal and external stakeholders
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.