Managing Director at Manpower Resources India Pvt. Ltd.
Views:707 Applications:129 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:23
Head - Taxation - Metal & Mining Industry (15-28 yrs)
We have been mandated by a large conglomerate is into metal and mining business for the below mentioned roles.
POSITION DESCRIPTION :
Designation : Head - Taxation
Location : Kolkata
Qualification : Chartered Accountant /MBA
Experience Minimum : 15+ Years experience in both direct and indirect taxation .
Job Purpose : To make strategic tax planning within the purview of tax laws, to supervise and efficiently handle the complete direct, indirect and international taxation matters (Transfer Pricing & Withholding Tax) of the company its associates and other entities including the tax compliances as per law and MIS reports.
Key Responsibilities :
The candidate should have good knowledge on :
- IT Computation
- Tax Planning
- Return Filing
- Appeals & Hearings
- Annual Returns
- Tax Audit
- Transfer Pricing
- Various compliances
- Sales tax
- Service Tax
1. Tax Planning
- To reduce effective tax liabilities / taxable income of units / projects
- To interpret the laws in favour of the company and to support the same by case laws, circulars etc.
- Ensure maximum tax deduction / exemptions are availed within the purview of law.
- Ensure proper documentation of foreign remittances to reduce TDS and Service Tax impact particularly where remittances are made net of Indian Taxes.
2. Tax Audit & Other Certificates
- Ensure timely preparation and filing of various certificates e.g., Tax Audit Reports of units / projects, 80IA Certificates.
- Appointment of Big 4 firms for study of Transfer Pricing documentation / method and issue of TP Certificate.
- Ensure the maintenance of separate accounting records of tax holiday units based on transfer price determined in Transfer Pricing Certificate.
3. Statutory compliances of tax provisions
- Monitoring the preparation of IT Returns, its finalization and filing thereafter for Company and other Group companies.
- Ensuring compliance of statutory provisions under Income Tax, Excise Duty, VAT, Service Tax law and other related rules and regulations along with other allied Fiscal laws.
- To attend and file written submission in the assessment proceedings of units / projects
- Providing effective support to units on various issues relating to indirect taxes, viz.
- VAT, Service Tax, Excise Duty etc
5. TDS Work and Filling of Electronic Return
- Withholding Tax to make foreign remittances after referring DTAAs of all companies and units.
- E-filing and Verification of Form No. 15CB on behalf of MD.
- Ensure timely payment of TDS of Company HO & Mumbai,
- Supervising maintenance of related records therewith.
- Attend Show Cause Notices u/s 201(1).
- Monitor filing of TDS original and correction returns and compliances
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.