Consultant at Michael Page
Views:210 Applications:55 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Head - Tax - Building Material Business (10-15 yrs)
Head - Tax - Mixed Tax role - Global Building Material MNC
Client is a global building and construction materials leader committed to building a sustainable future through material innovation
About the role -
Taxation Leader The Taxation Leader will be responsible for both Direct & Indirect Tax matters including compliance, planning, restructuring , Outbound/Inbound investments, international taxation, transaction analysis and due diligence. The Tax Leader will work with businesses, service providers, and other tax professionals in carrying out his or her responsibilities. Would be responsible for Optimizing Direct and Indirect cost by tax planning, risk taking and compliance. Will need to work with financial management within the Company and third party service providers.
1) Organization Objectives
- Monitor company's transfer pricing policies and related documentation
- Monitor legislative changes in tax laws that may impact company's tax positions, including tax accounting implications
- Act as the key facilitator for integrated tax management, risk assessment, and leveraging on tax opportunities
2) Statutory Compliance
- Lead compliance of the company as a whole with all direct and indirect tax laws.
- Management of litigation & liaison with external counsels at all appellate forums such as Tribunals.
- Lead all tax audit and transfer pricing audit activities. filings of Income Tax, Representative Assessee, GST Returns including all related analysis and support.
- Ensuring Nil losses on account of Risks associated with GST Input Tax Credits because of Vendor Defaults
- Responsible for accounting of Taxes as per USGAAP & I GAAP
3) Tax Controls & Reporting
- Maintain and manage SOX policies and procedures, structuring transactions, divestitures and other special projects
- Interaction with Income Tax, GST, CST/VAT authorities on Statutory clearances and resolving contentious issues.
- To lead on appeals against the tax assessments on direct and indirect taxes. Prepare the arguments to be presented and attend the hearings.
- Liaise with Regional/Corporate Tax Leaders in the areas of direct and indirect taxation and ensure standardization of taxation practices
4) Cross-functional leadership and team contribution
- Conduct extensive communication with company leadership across business functions (Accounting, Legal, Treasury, Supply Chain, Financial Planning, Operations)
- Work across organization boundaries and all levels of the company to achieve corporate objectives
- Communicates results effectively to management and non-financial personnel
5) Leading and Developing Talent
- Creates an environment where talent is developed through effective performance management, talent evaluation systems and utilization of people.
- Invests in the growth and development of direct reports and other identified talent in the organization.
1) Chartered Accountant with with 10+ years experience in a wide range of economic and tax environments
2) Excellent understanding of Direct/Indirect tax concepts applicable to domestic and international operations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to teach and communicate in simple, impacting terms
- Conducts himself/herself with the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Highly motivated and results driven with a high energy level - has a bias for proactive action.
- Behaves in a mature and appropriate manner and shows good judgment
Budget: 70 LPA
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.